Using Kurzweil PC3LE as midi controller

Reaction score
Greetings from a midi clueless new member!

I currently have a Kurzweil PC3LE but frankly have grown tired of the included instruments. Is it possible to use this keyboard as a midi controller? If so, how is this accomplished. I would like to use the keyboard specifically with NI Kontakt, and M-Tron Pro. I tried at one point but was unable to "mute" the self contained sounds within the Kurzweil itself. In other words, I could make use of the M-Tron Pro library but could still hear the Kurzweil patches layered on top of the M-Tron sounds. Is this a generic setting fix or is the solution specific to the brand of keyboard?

Any solutions greatly appreciated. Even more greatly appreciated if in plain English! :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
All you have to do is navigate to the Master Settings Page, find the MIDI Local Control options and set MIDI to Local OFF and USB and/or MIDI ON depending on whether you wish to drive a MIDI module or computer.

At least I am assuming this is how it should work based on my own PC3K8 wihich, though slightly different, should work pretty much the same way.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question