What's your favorite keyboard voice?

Reaction score
I love the Fender Rhodes sound, adding a bit of phaser adds some funkyness and a very slight be of distortion for a bit of attitude. Also love B3 and monophonic/legato saw type lead sounds going through some guitar amp modelling effects and those big fat warm string pads too. Rhodes is what I love to noodle about with the most though.

Reaction score
Of course, it depends on the song, but I really like the big band voices. You find those harmonies in more songs than you might think. The mix of Sax's and Clarinets, like on Moonlight Serenade, are very pleasing to my ear after beating out an old Dave Clark 5 song.

Reaction score
Of course, it depends on the song, but I really like the big band voices. You find those harmonies in more songs than you might think. The mix of Sax's and Clarinets, like on Moonlight Serenade, are very pleasing to my ear after beating out an old Dave Clark 5 song.

+1

Getting the Glenn Miller sound is right up there for me too.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Moonlight Serenade,

I rather like playing that tune too. Experimenting with dual sounds such as sax and strings or oboe or clarinet can make a pretty awesome combo. Some of the key instruments on my keyboard have what they call "sweet" . . Sweet flute or sweet trumpet or sweet clarinet. My fav is the sweet bamboo flute. I play Guantanamera with the sweet bamboo flute. It can sometimes make my skin tingle . . such a cool sound.
The vibes are another specialty for me playing Spanish Harlem. . Another skin tingler.
But there are so many great sounding voices one can never get bored.
This is an old thread but nicely revived.
Cheers Ray.

Reaction score
All the old electromechanicals ......

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 87

Ask a Question