What Rythm For 6/8 Time?

Reaction score
I have this old Casio keyboard with a limited number of rythms. And I want to play Burns' 'Banks and Braes' on it which is in 6/8 time.

Nothing seems to fit.

While I'm messing around and trying to find something I like I thought I just might ask the community what they'd think ought to go with it?

You can see I have rock/swing/disco/bossa/march/waltz/rhumba/tango with minor variations.

Could be it's just the limitation of that old machine hanging me up. I'm thinking I need something like 2/4 which is doesn't have.

What do you reckon?

Sbanksbraes.jpg
Srythms.jpg

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I personally think this beautiful tune would sound nice on your casio in 3/4 time.
At abt 40 seconds into this video the musuc starts and timing to me is 3 beats to the bar.
Try that. Try an english waltz. I am sre you would have that.
Ray;)

Reaction score
6/8 is six eighth notes or quavers to a bar, with the accent on the first and fourth beats.

I'm not familiar with what's on your keyboard, but your waltz will be in 3/4 with accents on the first beat, so if you speed it up slightly you should achieve the desired effect.

Ray is on the right track.

Ask a Question