What Was Your Very 1st Electronic Keyboard?

Reaction score
First 'hybrid' keyboard was a Clavinet I bought in 1974. First fully electronic is a Korg M-1 (which I still own and use), purchased in 1994.

Reaction score
Brand new Rhodes 73, at age fourteen. The action on it sucked, very spongy, but I never thought there could be a difference.
Sold it 3 yrs later for a Wurly 200A. Carrying the Rhodes took 2 people, like a coffin. The Wurlitzer could fit under my arm.

Reaction score
getting discouraged. playing frankie & johnnie in its simplest form. melody I can play in all tempos fast, slow etc with no difficulty. add chords even simple chords and i'm lost. keys C-G-A then back down. over and over again. I can play the chords all day BUT combine them with the right hand and everything goes haywire.
my brain can only process one hand at a time not both at the same time. all is lost!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Think of it like drumming a beat with both hands. The piano is technically a percussive instrument for this reason.Eventually precision will follow. Just keep practicing.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Really a good analogy there Gary. I started on piano, and when I decided to beat on skins and metal plates I found drumming to be pretty easy and natural. I can see how somebody who hasn't had the training (and/or practice) would find it difficult. I still don't do a lot of chords with my left hand (mostly bass lines), and I've been playing for more than a half century! :eek:

Not to sound too corny; but yeah, practice makes perfect (or as close as you're going to get).

:cool:

Reaction score
My first pro keyboard was the Ensoniq SQ-1+ and it was amazing

The first electronic keyboard? We had an old chord organ from a yard sale- then a huge Wurlitzer organ, don't remember the model number but it sounded amazing. Think we donated it to a church. Wow, I haven't thought about that organ for years-

RSJ

Reaction score
My older sister had some small Casio thing, and my Granda had a piano in his house.
But my first one was some Yamaha. It came with a book and it's really down to that book which allowed me to play and learn chords which sparked a interest.
This was when I was like 6.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
My first electronic keyboard was a Farfisa Matador organ, model 611: http://www.combo-organ.com/Farfisa/Others/

I didn't do much with it-- I played in a band with two other high school friends (a guitarist and a bassist), but it was just for fun and we weren't any good. After that it sat unused for several years, then my older brother borrowed it for his daughter to use. Now no one seems to know where it is.

Reaction score
Micro Moog. It looked really lost on top of my B3 so I switched to an ARP. Not to piggyback comments, but, who around here is conversant with soft synths? (Main Stage, Kontact, etc.)

Reaction score
First digital piano - Kawai CA440
Bought this second hand (already 10 years old approx.) when I was in year 8, still using it on occasion nearly 15 years later.

First professional keyboard - Roland RD700GX
Bought this beast when I started music college, been using it ever since for gigging, studio and pretty much everything!! Best thing about it is the ivory feel on the keys

Fin

Reaction score
Oberheim matrix 6... It's still awesome. Not my kinda keyboard, but I'm sure someone likes the 80's synths.

—Fin—;)

Reaction score
I had a reed organ aha harmonium and a casio pt 82.both are out of order right now.kept in the store room.

Attachments

• IMG_20150502_161921.jpg
    IMG_20150502_161921.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 358

Ask a Question