What Was Your Very 1st Electronic Keyboard?

Reaction score
Does a cheap plastic battery powered Bontempi reed organ count? had it when I was about 12,it started the obsession…later got a 'full size' Bontempi organ with the chord pads,still not electronic enough? Next keyboard was a second hand Casio god knows what-so long ago I cant remember! Had no MIDI or whatever but it was electronic,with a rythm section and an impression of a piano sound(no key dynamics tho-had to wait a while for that!)

Reaction score
I'm playing the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

haha that made me laugh....it brought back some childhood memories of sitting infront of the tv at christmas time and watching morcombe and wise and andrey previn if im not mistaken....great stuff.

anyway i was not really into music from an early age, but by the time i was 16 i was hooked, i think my first keyboard was a roland, cant remember the name but it had very nice strings and lots of sliding buttons and was very analog looking

Reaction score
A Hohner Intenational K2 String Ensemble ..... with THE most brilliant harpsichord sound ever!!!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
My first keyboard was a cheap ass 49 key Casio back in the early 80's that I can't for the life of me remember the model number of.

My first REAL keyboard was a Yamaha DX-27S that I picked up a few years later and started experimenting with MIDI with on an Atari 1040ST.

Then I fell out of it again for a decade until I got back into it again with a Casio WK1200 which I eventually traded up for my Korg TR76 which I still own today.

Reaction score
Mine was a Kawai CP170 Concert Performer. Big huge arranger keyboard, almost big as an upright piano. We've had that since I was little. My first portable keyboard was a Yamaha PSR-E403. Really basic and not too great for gigging, but it helped me get started.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I did some googling and found my very first synth online. It was the casiotone MT-70. I remember paying about $300 for it used. It wasn't even a full sized synth, but rather a mini key version. It also had a barcode reader option for inputting tunes but I never sprang for that option. I used it for about two or three years and then it died one day when I plugged in the power brick.

http://weltenschule.de/TableHooters/Casio_MT-70.html

casio_mt-70-jpeg.297

Looking back I honestly can't believe I paid that much for that piece of crap but that's what your money got you in the 80's :p

Attachments

• Casio_MT-70.jpeg
    Casio_MT-70.jpeg
    45 KB · Views: 691
Reaction score
I had a yamaha e233 for only four months and got sick of it so I graduated to a yamaha e423. this has more bells and whistles. At present I'm not going to upgrade for a while. Got to master this thing. besides the cost is good, next step is over a grand in cost. can't afford that, not yet!

Ask a Question