Where can I purchase a Sheet Music Stand that fits into the top of a Yamaha P80?

Reaction score
Hey all,

Firstly, thank you in advance for your help. I am the owner of a Yamaha P80 keyboard. 8 years ago, I lost the Sheet Music Stand that fits into the top of the keyboard. The sheet music stand itself is It's about 23.5 Inches wide, and fits into a little slot on the top of the keyboard.

I've searched dozens of websites, and I’ve called yamaha directly. No luck. Apparently you simply cannot buy this. If anybody has a spare laying around, I'd be happy to purchase it. I'm sick of using flimsy pieces of cardboard that always fall off in the middle of a gig.

Thank you so much!

-Jeff from NY

Reaction score
Also Looking for a Yamaha P80 Music Stand

I am looking for the same thing - a replacement music stand that fits into my Yamaha P80 keyboard. I would greatly appreciate any information about how to go about ordering one of these. Thank you in advance.
-Tom

Reaction score
Great find, Paige! One question though: The product description says it's compatible with the Yamaha P75, the P85 and P95B, but it does not explicitly say it's compatible with my keyboard, the P80. Any thoughts on this matter?

I may just buy it anyway out of sheer desperation. If it doesn't fit, I can always whip out the trusty nail filer!

By the way, I also found it on this website for a similar price: http://www.spectrumaudio.com/yamaha-wf15680r.html

Thanks again,
Jeff

Reaction score
Great find, Paige! One question though: The product description says it's compatible with the Yamaha P75, the P85 and P95B, but it does not explicitly say it's compatible with my keyboard, the P80. Any thoughts on this matter?

I may just buy it anyway out of sheer desperation. If it doesn't fit, I can always whip out the trusty nail filer!

By the way, I also found it on this website for a similar price: http://www.spectrumaudio.com/yamaha-wf15680r.html

Thanks again,
Jeff

Hi Jeff -
Hmm, good question. It may be that the WF15680R doesn't QUITE fit securely in the P-80. I searched around and found this review that shows someone else complaining about how flimsy the music rest is in their keyboard (note that it's specifically about the P85, but perhaps this is indicative of an issue that these p-series keyboards have with the music rest?):
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/keyboards-midi/yamaha-p-85-contemporary-digital-piano

Well, I decided it was worth a shot for me (with the P95) and ordered the one from Full Compass. I had looked at the Spectrum Audio option, too, and found that they really stick you for shipping (I paid $8.80 to FL through Full Compass, but Spectrum Audio was going to be $15+ for shipping alone).

Best of luck! (The nail file...and maybe some sturdy tape...might be what's called for in the end!)
Paige

Reaction score
Hi Jeff -
Hmm, good question. It may be that the WF15680R doesn't QUITE fit securely in the P-80. I searched around and found this review that shows someone else complaining about how flimsy the music rest is in their keyboard (note that it's specifically about the P85, but perhaps this is indicative of an issue that these p-series keyboards have with the music rest?):
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/keyboards-midi/yamaha-p-85-contemporary-digital-piano

Well, I decided it was worth a shot for me (with the P95) and ordered the one from Full Compass. I had looked at the Spectrum Audio option, too, and found that they really stick you for shipping (I paid $8.80 to FL through Full Compass, but Spectrum Audio was going to be $15+ for shipping alone).

Best of luck! (The nail file...and maybe some sturdy tape...might be what's called for in the end!)
Paige

Hey Paige,

How did your replacement music rest work out on your P95? I am considering purchasing a P95 from someone who lost the music rest and want to know if that replacement music rest you bought is a pain or if it works like a charm.

Thanks for the info!

Reaction score
Well, after almost 2 years of searching, I finally found the sheet music holder! I found it after calling the Yamaha parts department. Whats more, this was the least expensive option of any of the earlier replies to this thread. Here are the details:

In order to use the Yamaha 24x7 parts order website, you will need to know the Yamaha part number(s) you would like to order. If you do not know your part number(s), please contact us for assistance by dialing (888) 892-6242, Monday through Friday, from 7:30AM - 5:00PM Pacific Time (closed 12PM - 1PM).

Model: V4408400 (P-80 keyboard sheet music holder)

Total: $46.58 including tax & shipping
Happy playing, all!
-Jeff

Wes

Reaction score
FWIW, my personal preference is to eschew built-in stands, favouring instead one or two real music stands behind the keyboard, depending on the genre of music I am playing. This lets me put heavier books on if I want, and also lets me adjust the angle for the lighting and to help maintain eye contact with the conductor and/or audience. I also think real stands look more professional.

Reaction score
FWIW, my personal preference is to eschew built-in stands, favouring instead one or two real music stands behind the keyboard, depending on the genre of music I am playing. This lets me put heavier books on if I want, and also lets me adjust the angle for the lighting and to help maintain eye contact with the conductor and/or audience. I also think real stands look more professional.

upload_2017-2-16_2-51-55.png

Reaction score
Hey Paige,

How did your replacement music rest work out on your P95? I am considering purchasing a P95 from someone who lost the music rest and want to know if that replacement music rest you bought is a pain or if it works like a charm.

Thanks for the info!
My music holder the came with my KN2600, IS IN BAD shape so I seldom use it... but.. zi do have a metal/portable stand which is adjustable stand which works very well. I can set the height and tilt of the rack. It's meant for use as a portible potium.

Ask a Question