Workstation ideas?

Reaction score
Im not an official kyboard player but play a Roland FA 07 in my band on several songs. Im looking for ideas for synth workstation that i can do "sweeps" from 1 octive to another higher one just by turning a dial. It would be also good to be able to hold down 2 keys and do the same. Any keyboardest with ideas on what i can look for? Thanks....byw, not looking to spend alot of money, since i wouldnt be using it all the time.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Are you looking for portamento sweeps between two notes, or filter sweeps? I'm not at all familiar with the FA-07, but you might be able to do either of those on your FA-07. And if there are no built-in controls for doing it easily while playing, I believe there are apps and DAW plugins that can be used to create sweeps of various kinds. Is using an iPad while playing your FA-07 an available and acceptable option?

Reaction score
The Manual is your friend.

Take a look at the Pitch Bend control to see what its range is as standard and also if it is adjustable.

Then there is the D Beam controller where one of the assignable functions for it is as a pitch controller.

Then there are the Assignable Switches, again the manual will detail.

If you have a Facebook account head over to the FA Group, join it and ask the question there. I know Ed Diaz is a member there, what he does not know about Roland kit can probably be written on the back if a postage stamp. Ed is also the guy who produces the Tutorial Videos that Roland have on the Youtube Product Support channel.

Good luck.

Ask a Question