WTB Genos

Reaction score
Hey all, Have begun my search for a well cared for Genos. Please contact me if ready to sell or know of someone trustworthy I can purchase from. We're in Georgia so, close to us would save on possible shipping damage and cost. Thanks!

Reaction score
I have been asked if I have found a Genos to buy after posting the ad above. This has been my experience:

Over the course of my search for a "like new", pre-owned Genos, I located several for sale in various classified ads such as; Facebook, Craigslist, Reverb and eBay. I spoke with 6 Genos owners in all. I insisted on speaking with the sellers before even thinking about moving forward due to all the scams out there these days. 4 of these ads made me very leery about being genuine as the owners couldn't even answer basic questions about the keyboard or provide me a photo of the serial number. A definite red flag. Another seller spoke such broken English that it was too difficult to proceed with asking questions. The last ad I called was a pro-musician changing over to a Korg pa4x. He was some 17 hours away from me. He purchased the keyboard second hand from a friend of his and unfortunately did not have any of the original packaging to ship the keyboard in. I made an offer based on my evaluation of the keyboard. He declined.

After some thought, I bit the bullet and reverted to my original plan by getting back (second time) on the waiting list for a new Genos at Sweetwater. Over the last 20 years I have purchased several high-end keyboards from Sweetwater and they have always provided me with outstanding customer service. Another benefit of buying from them is they double the original factory warranty! Shortly after I got back on the waiting list Sweetwater received a shipment of Genos keyboards and gave me a call. A few days later it was safely delivered to our home in a very heavy duty, double box!

Music Store retailers, including Sweetwater, are currently offering these keyboards for $5999.99, and some others as high as $6599.99. I was offered some price consideration from Sweetwater, so, if you decide to call them about your keyboard needs, ask............

Reaction score
I have been asked if I have found a Genos to buy after posting the ad above. This has been my experience:

Over the course of my search for a "like new", pre-owned Genos, I located several for sale in various classified ads such as; Facebook, Craigslist, Reverb and eBay. I spoke with 6 Genos owners in all. I insisted on speaking with the sellers before even thinking about moving forward due to all the scams out there these days. 4 of these ads made me very leery about being genuine as the owners couldn't even answer basic questions about the keyboard or provide me a photo of the serial number. A definite red flag. Another seller spoke such broken English that it was too difficult to proceed with asking questions. The last ad I called was a pro-musician changing over to a Korg pa4x. He was some 17 hours away from me. He purchased the keyboard second hand from a friend of his and unfortunately did not have any of the original packaging to ship the keyboard in. I made an offer based on my evaluation of the keyboard. He declined.

After some thought, I bit the bullet and reverted to my original plan by getting back (second time) on the waiting list for a new Genos at Sweetwater. Over the last 20 years I have purchased several high-end keyboards from Sweetwater and they have always provided me with outstanding customer service. Another benefit of buying from them is they double the original factory warranty! Shortly after I got back on the waiting list Sweetwater received a shipment of Genos keyboards and gave me a call. A few days later it was safely delivered to our home in a very heavy duty, double box!

Music Store retailers, including Sweetwater, are currently offering these keyboards for $5999.99, and some others as high as $6599.99. I was offered some price consideration from Sweetwater, so, if you decide to call them about your keyboard needs, ask............
I'm in the same situation right now, I could get a Genos for $1500 cheaper second-hand. Even though the seller seems completely above board I just feel like it might be best to get one from Sweetwater they give you a 2 year Guarantee with it.

Reaction score
I guess I got really lucky. I've got mine for $3800 from a person in original box and in brand new condition. User manual, sheet music holder all were still in sealed condition and instrument never been plugged in condition. I drove 400 miles to pick it up in person because on the paper it was too good to be true and I wanted to see it, touch it, inspect it before I send $3800 to some individual.
It was all true and brand new in original packaging. Even those blue non-marking sticky tapes holding the pieces were intact.
After a while playing at my home I realized it wasn't for me and I sold it for $4500 to a lucky gentleman.

Long story short, sometimes you get really lucky if you take a chance but I understand that there are a lot of shady characters out there.
I check out the REVERB.COM, there are few reputable companies selling Used-Mint condition with good $$$$$ savings!
Good luck!

Ask a Question