Yamaha EZ-300 LEARN TO PLAY???

Reaction score
I just purchased Yamaha ez-300 and the big selling point was the learn to play feature and being about to upload MIDI files.

However when I downloaded a MIDI file from my PC the learning feature doesn't work. I have read that the MIDI file needs to be a 0 for this to work, but I have no idea where to find these files or how to convert them. I am very new to all of this and I just what to be able to find a song I like transfer it to my keyboard and learn to play it like advertised.

Can anyone help me out?? I would really appreciate it.

PS The song plays when I hit the play button. I really need the wait function and both hands to work.

Thank you!

Reaction score
I just purchased Yamaha ez-300 and the big selling point was the learn to play feature and being about to upload MIDI files.

However when I downloaded a MIDI file from my PC the learning feature doesn't work. I have read that the MIDI file needs to be a 0 for this to work, but I have no idea where to find these files or how to convert them. I am very new to all of this and I just what to be able to find a song I like transfer it to my keyboard and learn to play it like advertised.

Can anyone help me out?? I would really appreciate it.

PS The song plays when I hit the play button. I really need the wait function and both hands to work.

Thank you!
Update on my question.
I asked Yamaha Customer Support "I downloaded a midi song and transferred it to my new EZ-300. I got the keys to light up which is great but I can't get it to go into the "Waiting" mode so I can learn the keys and chords one at a time. Is this because it's not possible with songs I transfer at all?" They
mail
responded and I'm extremely disappointed. See below:

Thank you for contacting Yamaha Support.

I am sorry and am confirming what I guessed on the chat. This cannot load new songs to the lessons feature.

So if you are needing this feature like I am, look somewhere else. Plus the Yamaha EZ300 is NOT user-friendly just to change even the simplest things Yamaha for whatever reason made everything way too complicated.

Reaction score
Despite the name EZ this and other keyboards, particularly Yamaha are not that user friendly requiring a steep learning curve to get to know how to use the keyboard.

Personally I would describe most inbuilt learning as very basic and aimed more for children.

Using a separate App like Playground Sessions or Flowkey etc is likely to be far more useful.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do,

Ask a Question