Yamaha piano cvp wont power on

Reaction score
I need your support to fix the error on my CVP 205 Yamaha piano. The screen displays this unexpected error “hisysdwn. c/133/8C1BB524”, “hisysdwn, c/133/8C1A4C78’” each time I repeated put ON the piano. The piano does not boot up rather displays these error with a message to turn OFF n turn ON again.

Reaction score
Welcome.

Have you changed the power adaptor?

If not ensure the contacts on the plug and the socket in the CVP are clean.

I assume it has a wall wart power adaptor and not a direct kettle power lead to an inbuilt power adaptor.

If all is OK then you could swap over to a new wall wart.

The other possibility are dirty or missing contacts inside the CVP in which case it is best looked at by a Service Tech but do get an estimate of repair time.

Reaction score
Welcome.

Have you changed the power adaptor?

If not ensure the contacts on the plug and the socket in the CVP are clean.

I assume it has a wall wart power adaptor and not a direct kettle power lead to an inbuilt power adaptor.

If all is OK then you could swap over to a new wall wart.

The other possibility are dirty or missing contacts inside the CVP in which case it is best looked at by a Service Tech but do get an estimate of repair time.
The power adaptor has been changed... I mean the stepdown transformer 220V -110Vac was changed. Could this be the cause? The piano booted up some time ago after doing a reset but wouldn't come ON again after that day.
Power supply is via a stepdown transformer 110Vac through a direct kettle plugged on to the inbuilt adaptor on the piano.

I will try to blow the inside of the piano with air to disperse any suspected dirts.

So far this issue has not been resolved.

Thank you for your invaluable support.

Reaction score
The power adaptor has been changed... I mean the stepdown transformer 220V -110Vac was changed. Could this be the cause?
That would be my guess. Of course, what the hell do I know....

Last edited:
Reaction score
I need your support to fix the error on my CVP 205 Yamaha piano. The screen displays this unexpected error “hisysdwn. c/133/8C1BB524”, “hisysdwn, c/133/8C1A4C78’” each time I repeated put ON the piano. The piano does not boot up rather displays these error with a message to turn OFF n turn ON again.

Hello , my yamaha clavinova cvp-207 is displaying the same type message. Mine is hisysdwn.c/133/8c004f76. It won't boot up. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
July 2nd ,2023

Ask a Question