yamaha PSR 740 batt

Reaction score
does any no if the 740 has internal batt? i called yamaha tech he said i do yamaha parts told me i dont heres prob keyboard is 9 years old never lost memory before keyboard sitting for weeks without being pluged in i have setings backed up on a floopy so now i turn on and have too use floopy get setings back any ideas? thanks lew

Reaction score
I'll bet there is a button type battery on the processor board inside the keyboard. I've opened up a lot of keyboards and they always have a battery.

I use Midi Quest 10 XL to back up my keyboards before battery replacement, but you have your settings on floppy so you're all set there.

If it was me I'd just open the keyboard up and look inside. Just go slow and be gentle. Get the numbers off the top of the battery and find a replacement. Try to avoid using any tools when you remove the old battery from the processor board.

If you have a hard time finding a replacement battery locally, try ebay.

Hope that helps.

Ask a Question