How to create new voices for Yamaha PSR S775.

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I have recently upgraded to a Yamaha Psr 775. I am looking for a way to create new voices/tones in this keyboard like the ones shipped with the expansion packs from Yamaha. I have gone through the voice set editing options in this keyboard but they don't seem to be that much effective. With a roland XP30 I could create new voices by combining multiple voices (with each voices parameters modified) as a single voice. I am interested in creating Indian Voices like Indian banjo. Any pointers how to get started ?

Thanks...

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I have no experience with the PSR-S series, so I may be wrong, but I think you need to use the Yamaha Expansion Manager to create your own voices.

Reaction score
Thanks. Any getting started examples on the Expansion manager from Yamaha PSR S series users...

Reaction score
So the idea is to get the wav samples of the voices I want to create, manipulate in the YEM software and load them into my keyboard ?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I think so. I've never used the YEM software myself, because the Yamaha models that I own can't load new voices. But the way I understand it is that you can load WAV files or even soundfonts into the YEM software and use those samples to create new voices. I'm not sure, but I think you can create voices that layer multiple samples or elements together if you wish, or assign different samples based on the velocity values (i.e., "velocity switching") as well as on the note values.

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I have recently upgraded to a Yamaha Psr 775. I am looking for a way to create new voices/tones in this keyboard like the ones shipped with the expansion packs from Yamaha. I have gone through the voice set editing options in this keyboard but they don't seem to be that much effective. With a roland XP30 I could create new voices by combining multiple voices (with each voices parameters modified) as a single voice. I am interested in creating Indian Voices like Indian banjo. Any pointers how to get started ?

Thanks...
You need the expansion pack for international voicing https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/sound-and-expansion-libraries/vse

Reaction score
I don't want to use expansion packs (containing built in tones) from YAMAHA, but want to create my own tones and voices by layering and editing different sounds together. This is something found in even 20 years old Roland digital keyboards. Sad that YAMAHA is still not par with it.

Ask a Question