Yamaha PSR e-413 Vs Yamaha NP-30

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Yamaha PSR e-413 since I have enrolled myself in a Piano class. I am a beginner and have been taking classes for a month now. The keyboard is an awesome deal and pretty good.

I came across a good deal on a used NP-30 (1 Year old) with the following:

Yamaha np30 portable grand
-keyboard gigging bag (not included if you purchase this new)
-original Yamaha AC Adapter (not included if you purchase this new)
-music stand
-piano pouch cover to protect from dust (not included if you purchase this new

The price is around $250 for everything which is just $20-$30 more than what I paid for the PSR.

The question is , does it make a difference between a 61 and a 76 keys keyboard for a beginner like me. I believe NP-30 is a semi-weighted keyboard. The PSR on the other hand has a lot bells and whistles.

I am a bit confused and would really appreciate some inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
for a beginner you probably dont need a 76 key keyboard. save your money to get something much nicer when you want to expand.

Reaction score
for a beginner you probably dont need a 76 key keyboard. save your money to get something much nicer when you want to expand.

Yup, what he said.

And, the NP doesn't have semi-weighted keys. They are exactly the same crappy plasticky ones like on the rest of the PSR series (except the high-end).

Ask a Question