Yamaha PSR E363 displays 'UPDATE' when switched on.

Reaction score
My Yamaha PSR E363 displays 'UPDATE' when I switch it on.
No other option is available then.
I have no clue on what can be the issue and how to solve it. Please HELP!

Reaction score
Welcome

Try resetting the keyboard:-
  1. Turn OFF the keyboard.
  2. Press and hold down the rightmost white key (C) while turning ON the keyboard.
  3. Once the power is ON, release the key. The keyboard will reinitialize the System Setup to the original factory settings.

Reaction score
Thank you.
Resetting does not resolve the issue.
I solved the problem by switching the keyboard on while holding down the 'Memory' Key.
Thank you very much for your kind assistance.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I solved the problem by switching the keyboard on while holding down the 'Memory' Key.

That's very interesting to know, especially since that message isn't mentioned in the Owner's Manual. I've added it to my mental list of things to be aware of.

Reaction score
That's very interesting to know, especially since that message isn't mentioned in the Owner's Manual. I've added it to my mental list of things to be aware of.

The secret world of Yamaha.

Would probably have cost $50 for a Yamaha Service Centre to fix it.

Reaction score
Welcome

Try resetting the keyboard:-
  1. Turn OFF the keyboard.
  2. Press and hold down the rightmost white key (C) while turning ON the keyboard.
  3. Once the power is ON, release the key. The keyboard will reinitialize the System Setup to the original factory settings.
Please my E463 turns on backlight but doesn't display anything ... please help me out

Reaction score
Thank you.
I have same problem, but my PSR series E253, and I can't find the Memory Key in this series. Thank you.

Reaction score
Please when I insert the adaptor to my psr-E253 it tells me to update without pressing on the power key , please help me out of this

Reaction score
Sir I cannot find memory key to holding down....
Can you pls show me the memory key...
Thank you so much in advance.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Sir I cannot find memory key to holding down....
Can you pls show me the memory key...
Thank you so much in advance.

Which model do you have?

The Memory button is used with the Registration Memory feature, which is available on the PSR-E 400-level models and several of the 300-level models, but not on the 200-level models.

On the PSR-E363 it is below and slightly to the right of the numeric keypad, immediately below the YES + button. On the PSR-E463 it is below and slightly to the right of the LCD screen.

Reaction score
Which model do you have?

The Memory button is used with the Registration Memory feature, which is available on the PSR-E 400-level models and several of the 300-level models, but not on the 200-level models.

On the PSR-E363 it is below and slightly to the right of the numeric keypad, immediately below the YES + button. On the PSR-E463 it is below and slightly to the right of the LCD screen.
psrE453 sir

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Yes, the button that says "BANK" above it and "MEMORY" below it. I've never had to try this procedure myself, so all the rest of us can go by is what the user who mentioned that button said about it.

Reaction score
Yes sir I did, but sad to say didn't work.
Yes, the button that says "BANK" above it and "MEMORY" below it. I've never had to try this procedure myself, so all the rest of us can go by is what the user who mentioned that button said about it.

Reaction score
P
Which model do you have?

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
I cannot vouch for the following procedure, but someone mentioned that they were able to access an "update menu" on their PSR-I500 keyboard by turning off the power, holding down the START/STOP button, and turning the power back on while keeping that button held down.

I have not tried this myself, and have no intention of doing so on a keyboard that's working fine, so I have no idea what this "update menu" looks like or what you're supposed to do once you gain access to it.

Reaction score
Thank you.
Hello how can I know my memory key on my piano psr e 343

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
It is the button on the right side of the keyboard, below the numeric keypad and directly below the "YES" or "+" button, that says "REGIST MEMORY" above it and "MEMORY" below it.

But see also my last reply in this thread, regarding the "START/STOP" button.

Ask a Question