Need recommendations for keyboard bag - Yamaha PSRe363

Reaction score
I need a bag to keep my new keyboard in for storage when not using. I bought a Yamaha bag (Artiste model bag for 61-note keyboards) and it's a nice quality but at 43 3/4 inches tall, it is designed to accommodate larger keyboards. Mine is okay in it but it's got a lot of extra room and feels too big and floppy.

Any recommendations for better fitting bags?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Personally I don't see the problem with spending $159 to protect a $500 keyboard but different strokes for different folks.

There's always Ebay but quality can be sketchy.

I've had good luck with these bags but they are not exactly custom made to fit either.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/61-Key-Keyb...999462&hash=item25c2984c96:g:2UAAAOSw1BlZOifL

Cheap and easy but I wouldn't trust the handles for a lot of gigging back and forth.

I only use mine for the occasional move.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I ended up getting a bag by Musicians Gear for $41 from Guitar Center. I now have a PSREW400 with 76 keys and fits it. It's a little loose but I am getting a stand so the bag is only for storage.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If the keyboard is going to sit on a stand all the time I'd recommend picking up a dustcover for it instead of constantly plugging and unplugging it before and after every session.

I'm sure Guitar Centre sells a decent generic cover for it but personally I get all my dustcovers custom made by a place in Illinois.

https://lecover.com/

They use a high quality nylon fabric with a rubberized backing that's not only dustproof but also spillproof.

I've been using these guys for years.

studio-8.jpg

studio-9.jpg

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I already have a dust cover for it. Not sure what the dust cover has to do with whether I plug it in or not, but mainly I got the stand so I don't have to keep taking it out/putting away in the bag every time I want to play.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
A common wear point for synths is the power and audio and MIDI jacks. They are not really designed to be constantly plugged and unplugged. Best plan for the longevity of the unit is to simply plug it in and let it sit in place :)

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hey Gary (and others) do you power off at the mains every time you walk away? Bed time for instance?
Are the adaptors designed to be left on leaving the keyboard in standby mode?
I do power off but just wondering because sometimes I have forgotton wondering if the power adaptor has overheated or something.:eek:
Ray

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
In my studio my final task is to shut down everything with a power bar once I've finished but in the living room the Juno stays plugged in 24/7.

UL regulations require that an adaptor be safely plugged in 24/7 though it's probably not the best idea for the lifespan of the wall wart given events like lightning strikes and power spikes and surges.

Ultimately unplugging after use probably makes the difference between 5 or 10 years lifespan for the adaptor as opposed to 20 years if you unplugged it every time.

Gary ;)

PS. I'm getting hungry. I'm thinking of ordering in a pizza tonight. :D

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Me too:) unless I forget.:D
Hey Paul I saw on your website . .going to the west tomorrow. Have a good trip!
Oh and turn off the power on home keyboard . Hehehe:D
Ray

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Like I said, unless you're in an area with flaky power you don't have that much to worry about. I've been living in this town for twenty years and have yet to see any power surges or lightning strikes that have taken out any gear. Then again the power lines in this town are all buried underground so that makes lightning less likely except when it hits the upstream transmission towers.

Anyway Paul, have a safe and fun trip. :)

Gary ;)

Ask a Question