Yamaha psr-e363: Suddenly no volume from drums

Reaction score
Hi

Can't say I'm an expert on keyboards, and I have no idea why, but the volume of the drums on my relatively new, infrequently used Yamaha psr-e363 suddenly disappeared. They're playing but no volume. I had been trying to just change the style and I'm thinking maybe my fingers brushed over some combination of keys around the number pad, I see melody suppression, is that something that might cut off the drum volume.

Tho I honestly don't recall hitting any keys but mayabe my big sloppy hands brushed something. Very strange and frustrating, just when I wanted to try some things.

best
royks

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If there's no sound from the auto accompaniment at all-- not just the drums, but also the bass, guitar chords, pads, etc.-- then check the Style Volume ("StyleVol") in the function menu to make sure it didn't get turned down. I think Yamaha prefers to use a default of 100, but it can be set to any number between 0 (silent) and 127 (maximum volume, which might cause some distortion from the speakers).

If the drums are the only part of the auto accompaniment that you can't hear, my best guess would be that the Drums track of the style might have gotten toggled off accidentally. However, I don't think the PSR-E363 lets you toggle the tracks of a style on and off using the TRACK CONTROL buttons the way the PSR-E463 does; I think that on the PSR-E363 you can only toggle the tracks of a song on and off.

Reaction score
If there's no sound from the auto accompaniment at all-- not just the drums, but also the bass, guitar chords, pads, etc.-- then check the Style Volume ("StyleVol") in the function menu to make sure it didn't get turned down. I think Yamaha prefers to use a default of 100, but it can be set to any number between 0 (silent) and 127 (maximum volume, which might cause some distortion from the speakers).

If the drums are the only part of the auto accompaniment that you can't hear, my best guess would be that the Drums track of the style might have gotten toggled off accidentally. However, I don't think the PSR-E363 lets you toggle the tracks of a style on and off using the TRACK CONTROL buttons the way the PSR-E463 does; I think that on the PSR-E363 you can only toggle the tracks of a song on and off.

Hello fellow anon user in here, i set the volume to 127 and it still doens't works

Ask a Question