I have a PSR E363 Yamaha keyboard how can I record direct mp3/wave file?

Reaction score
Hello....First of all, I wanted to thank you to Mr.SeaGtGruff and other few members whom name I don't remember. They helped me a lot in learning my digital keyboard. I am on a little level now due to their motivation n support that now I wanted to record my performance. I am using PSR E363 keyboard and I can record as a midi controller through my software of Magix Music Maker and FL studio (though I don't have much knowledge abt that) but I don't want that at this moment. I just wanted to directly record sound of my keyboard through my pc such as in mp3/wave file. So I can merge that in my video which I recorded to show to my friends.

Edited: I did a little research on youtube as well n one of the youtuber suggested to use aux cable (headphone jack-pc recording jack) n used audacity, but when i did that I can't hear anything from keyboard as obviously the sound is muted due to headphone jack connection n the quality of recorded audacity file is of not that high level. What is the best method then??? please guide. I have another query too but I will ask in comments let this be solved first. I already have wasted two days he..he... :)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The PSR-E363 has USB audio, so the best solution is to just connect to the computer using a USB 2.0 cable that's no longer than 3 meters. Assuming you're using a Windows computer, you'll also need to install the Steinberg USB driver if you haven't already. Then you'll be able to record the keyboard's audio output in your DAW without the need for using the PHONES/OUTPUT jack, so you'll still be able to hear the keyboard through its built-in speakers while you're recording its audio output.

Reaction score
Nothing works now keyboard is not even detecting as midi instrument in DAW anymore.

sorry for replying late, had some serious problem of heavy rain here. well...as u suggested I installed the "Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver V1.10.4 for Windows 10/8.1/7" drivers from https://europe.yamaha.com website for PSR E363 model. But during installation I received the driver digital sign warning and then yellow marker appears afterward whenever i connect my keyboard and it is also not detecting in Musicsoftdownloder (official Yamaha software). The wire is fine because I was using it for midi controller for same keyboard.

Edited: I am using win7 64bit 4 GB Acer Core i-5 system

digitally signed driver error.png

digitally signed driver error2.png

digitally signed driver error3.png

digitally signed driver error4.png

Attachments

• digitally signed driver error2.png
    digitally signed driver error2.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 276

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
I just installed the V1.10.4 Steinberg USB driver on my Windows 10 desktop and got no such messages during the installation. I don't know if it's something to do with Windows 7, but the driver seems to be digitally signed in Win10. Are you doing the installation as Administrator?

Reaction score
Do you have Service Pack 1 installed on your Windows 7 system? The Steinberg driver requires at least Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

Reaction score
I just installed the V1.10.4 Steinberg USB driver on my Windows 10 desktop and got no such messages during the installation. I don't know if it's something to do with Windows 7, but the driver seems to be digitally signed in Win10. Are you doing the installation as Administrator?
yes n windows don't allow driver installation without administrator I think, any other solution??

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Did you check your computer's system information to see if Windows 7 Service Pack 1 is installed?

Also, are you running the installation program as the Administrator? Right-click on the program (instead of double-clicking on it) and choose the "Run as administrator" option on the popup menu.

One thing that looks potentially odd in your screenshots is that the message about the driver not being digitally signed says that it's trying to install ysusb_w8_1_64.sys, which looks like the Windows 8.1 version, whereas you have Windows 7. I think the installation program picks the appropriate version based on your operating system, so I'm not sure why it chose the Windows 8.1 version, unless that's the version for Windows 7 as well.

I see that Steinberg still has an older version of the driver on their website, so you could try installing that version to see if it works:

The website says that this older version is compatible with "Windows XP · Vista · 7 · 8," and doesn't say anything about "SP 1," so I think it's probably compatible with your operating system.

Reaction score
Did you check your computer's system information to see if Windows 7 Service Pack 1 is installed?

Also, are you running the installation program as the Administrator? Right-click on the program (instead of double-clicking on it) and choose the "Run as administrator" option on the popup menu.

One thing that looks potentially odd in your screenshots is that the message about the driver not being digitally signed says that it's trying to install ysusb_w8_1_64.sys, which looks like the Windows 8.1 version, whereas you have Windows 7. I think the installation program picks the appropriate version based on your operating system, so I'm not sure why it chose the Windows 8.1 version, unless that's the version for Windows 7 as well.

I see that Steinberg still has an older version of the driver on their website, so you could try installing that version to see if it works:

The website says that this older version is compatible with "Windows XP · Vista · 7 · 8," and doesn't say anything about "SP 1," so I think it's probably compatible with your operating system.

sorry for late reply....actually I was having issues in windows auto-update. So at the end, I manually installed the service pack 1, so that's done now. But the problem remains (same digital signature error) then after [service pack1], I installed the older version which you suggested in steinberg site but now it didn't given any error at all but still there is that yellow symbol at front. can u tell me the easy method of recording usb audio of my digital keyboard. So I must be sure that its working or not.

1.png

even this time its not written yamaha steinburg its just mentioned it as digital keyboard

2.png

Reaction score
Do you have Service Pack 1 installed on your Windows 7 system? The Steinberg driver requires at least Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

yes now I have installed but still having the same problem, even tried older version but no luck :( btw whats the easy method of recording usb audio for my psr e363 keyboard. So I must be sure that it isn't working at all.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
I think you need the USB driver to record USB audio, so if you can't successfully install the driver then I'm not sure whether you'll be able to use the USB audio.

Did you uninstall the newest driver before you tried installing the older driver? I don't know whether that makes a difference, but sometimes a program's installation instructions will say to uninstall the currently-installed version before installing a different version, so it might be a good idea.

Reaction score
I think you need the USB driver to record USB audio, so if you can't successfully install the driver then I'm not sure whether you'll be able to use the USB audio.

Did you uninstall the newest driver before you tried installing the older driver? I don't know whether that makes a difference, but sometimes a program's installation instructions will say to uninstall the currently-installed version before installing a different version, so it might be a good idea.
yes it's part of my habit that I always uninstall program if it do not work as expected. I uninstalled restarted pc then installed. sir u didn't tell how to properly record the audio which method do u prefer

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
If the Steinberg USB driver can't be installed successfully, you can plug an audio cable into the PHONES/OUTPUT jack and either connect to an external USB audio interface or connect directly to your computer's LINE IN jack. An external USB audio interface will usually give better sound than just connecting directly to your computer, and you don't need to buy an expensive one. I bought an inexpensive Behringer UCA222 interface, but if you buy one you will also need to buy a special audio cable to connect the keyboard to the interface-- a 1/4" TRS to dual RCA cable such as the following: https://www.amazon.com/SiYear-Gold-Plated-6-35mm-Splitter-Connector/dp/B07BCCF72B/

Reaction score
If the Steinberg USB driver can't be installed successfully, you can plug an audio cable into the PHONES/OUTPUT jack and either connect to an external USB audio interface or connect directly to your computer's LINE IN jack. An external USB audio interface will usually give better sound than just connecting directly to your computer, and you don't need to buy an expensive one. I bought an inexpensive Behringer UCA222 interface, but if you buy one you will also need to buy a special audio cable to connect the keyboard to the interface-- a 1/4" TRS to dual RCA cable such as the following: https://www.amazon.com/SiYear-Gold-Plated-6-35mm-Splitter-Connector/dp/B07BCCF72B/
The issue is finally been resolved! I checked it on my friends laptop with windows 8, just by installing the latest steinberg drivers it worked straight away. I think its some fault of my acer laptop and windows 7 (ultimate edition). Rather than of buying the external interface, I will use my friend's laptop when needed.

Thanks SeaGtGruff for your consistent support. The post can be closed now.

Ask a Question