Yamaha PSR-E363 turning off after 5 seconds

Reaction score
Hello friends,
Would appreciate help
When im turning on my yamaha keyboard, it turns off after something like 5 seconds, only if I press and hold the white START / STOP button and then turn on then it stays on, show me <Update> on the screen. does anyone have an idea what could be the reason? I tried to reset it but its still didnt solved the problem.. Thank you for help

Reaction score
Sure hold white start stop in and turn the synthesizer on = Update
A known problem is ...bad keyboard. It's a cheap synthesizer and the quality of the keys is not great.

What You can do is update firmware or re-write the current firmware. Cause a synth that shuts down after 5 seconds is not normal.

Reaction score
I though you maybe had confused it with a Hammond B3. Hold down Run 5 seconds THEN click Start...

Reaction score
I have a few synthesizers also old and new and they all start up as they should. The old Hammond analog synths are great but sometimes weird also.

Reaction score
Often times you can open up the keyboard and remove a button battery cell for , like, 20 minutes, and replace it with a new one. This should cause the firmware to reload. I have no Idea if this is applicable to your keyboard, but I'd open it up and look.

Ask a Question