Yamaha PSR-E413 versus PSR-E423

Reaction score
I've been playing keyboard for almost a year. I'm currently stuck with a Casio LK-100 keyboard, and need to upgrade badly. I've been looking at keyboards in the 200-300 dollar range, and so far, the Yamaha PSR-413 fits my needs the best, and seems to be the most feature-rich keyboard in this price range.

Recently, when I was about to order the PSR-E413, I discovered that Yamaha would be releasing a new keyboard to replace the PSR-E413: the PSR-E423. I was kind of disappointed, because now I'll have to wait for a few months if I want the more updated model (I'll admit, I'm really impatient to get rid of my Casio).

So, what I'm asking is: Is it really worth waiting for the PSR-E423? I want to go ahead and order the PSR-E413, but I also don't want to regret it later.

Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
Personally, I'd wait for the newer model. It looks like they've beefed up some of the features, memory, etc. It's so close to general release, that you may end up kicking yourself later for not waiting just a little bit longer. Plus the new model's finish looks less cheap than that gaudy silver on plastic color that was way too trendy for way too long. :p

BTW, the E413 was on my list for quite awhile, at least until I decided I really wanted 88 weighted keys and something more featured.

Ask a Question