Yamaha psr e413

Reaction score
Current version is the e473, hence yours is very old and probably only worth sending to the recycling centre.

Time to buy a new keyboard

Reaction score
I
Current version is the e473, hence yours is very old and probably only worth sending to the recycling centre.

Time to buy a new keyboard
Buying a new keyboard cannot be assumed to be an automatic option for everyone, and sometimes we keep our gadgets to the end of their usable life and even beyond. If the owner cares enough about resurrecting this keyboard, It's still possible a dying battery is user-replaceable if it's not hardwired and even if hardwired.

I would not swear to it in the case of the E413 but such keyboards typically use 2018 or 2023 or 2025 flat circular batteries (if indeed there's an internal battery) and I've successfully done such surgeries myself on at least two keyboards and a Roland percussion pad.

In the case of my Kawai KC10 Spectra, the internal battery was general-purpose but hardwired so I had to snip of the old battery and resolder on the new one. In simpler configurations, you just fish out the old battery and slip in the new one, making sure the device is powered while doing all this so you don't lose the RAM or even the ROM. It is possible to do it or have someone do it. No need to throw a perfectly good keyboard away just because of a dying battery.

Ask a Question