Yamaha PSR E473 and EW425 released 20 Jan 2022

Reaction score
New updated models with additional features including a very stylish in its antiquated nature, a dot matrix digital panel.

These will be the top of the range in the E series and the previous range topping E463 retailed for £300, so the replacement will probably be scimilar.

Nearest competitors are the Korg EK50 @ £275 or £350 for the EK 50 L ( 2x speaker wattage and more Styles) or for the Casio CT X5000 @ £350.

I would put the Korg’s first and second and the Yamaha next in recommendations to Newbies.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I think maybe you meant January 20, 2022?

Thank you for posting this, as I know that some people have been very anxious to get solid information about these models and when they were going to finally be released.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Long overdue is right, but I guess that's easy to understand given the state of things for the last couple of years.

I just hope they're "new" enough as far as their features to be competitive in the marketplace. I glanced at the Data List and other documents, particularly with respect to differences from previous models in their Function menus and MIDI capabilities, and they do have some updated features, but they're still XGlite models-- unlike the latest DGX model, which went from XGlite to XG.

Edit: I was happy to see the increase in polyphony, but disappointed that there are still only 32 Registrations. And they did away with the numeric keypad, which could take some getting used to. But on the plus side, they added buttons for accessing each sound category more directly, and it's now possible to change the sounds used by the styles.

Last edited:

3dc

Reaction score
Its a nice design and good entry level arranger keyboard but just like with Casiotone CT S1000v I am not impressed with 64 polyphony and lack of midi controller features. I am not talking about fully featured midi controller just essentials like pitch bend and mod wheel, couple of pads, knobs and faders. They could be used for learning basic synthesis on E series.

A lot of people use keyboards with DAW so this should be a no brainer in 2022. I was really looking forward to new EW425 but sadly just like Casiotone CT S1000v I am going to pass it.

P.S. @Biggles any news from Korg about arranger keyboards? I would love to see something new in PA range.

Reaction score
Its a nice design and good entry level arranger keyboard but just like with Casiotone CT S1000v I am not impressed with 64 polyphony and lack of midi controller features. I am not talking about fully featured midi controller just essentials like pitch bend and mod wheel, couple of pads, knobs and faders. They could be used for learning basic synthesis on E series.

A lot of people use keyboards with DAW so this should be a no brainer in 2022. I was really looking forward to new EW425 but sadly just like Casiotone CT S1000v I am going to pass it.

P.S. @Biggles any news from Korg about arranger keyboards? I would love to see something new in PA range.
If they have it has been very well hidden.

Their Virtual Booth was very lacking in activity.

Reaction score
Does anyone know when this is supposed to be available in the US? I've been searching but haven't been able to find out.

Reaction score
The embargo on releasing reviews seems only to have been lifted yesterday.

UK stores listing them at £350 for the E and £450 for the EW and available to order.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
When will it come in India and what's the price range gonna be??
The Yamaha ew425
It might be available right now, at least it seems to be available through Yamaha right now:

Reaction score
I bought an EW-425 and I love it; 76 keys is more than enough, the added polyphony and new sound engine is awesome (the piano, e piano and organ sounds are all awesome - organs sampled from Yamaha YC), built in audio interface, L/R line outs, 24 watts of speakers and then the mic input with gain, effects and a handy toggle switch (effects on/off/mute) is really well thought out I'm surprised how usable the mic is (and it does get included in the L/R out signal so saves a port on my Bose S1 PA)

Did a review here:

Ask a Question