Yamaha PSR-EW300 or PSR-EW400

Reaction score
Hi there I’m new to keyboards and really need help with some question about the PSR -EW300 and PSR-EW400

1. I realise that after looking at YouTube the 400 model has live piano sound sample. How good is the 300 model sample?.
2. Is the 300 speakers stereo or is the 400 model stereo on native keyboard?.
3. I was impressed by some of the demos I saw of the flute on the 400 model does the same sound libraries come with 300?.
4. Please can you tell me what the major differences are with each model. If the 300 can deliver a majority of the performance
The 400 has I can save some money and purchase a bundle including chair,stand and headphones. If however there is a huge
leap in the features I will get the 400 and buy the extras another time.

Finally I have an iPad Pro 128GB model I also have garage band and Sunrizer synth app, as well as the Yamaha recorder.
What do I need to connect from either keyboard to the iPad.

Thank you for your assistance.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't have a list handy of the differences between the EW300 and EW400, although I think I had posted something about this on one forum site or another, so I'll look for it and repost it here. I did just find out that the E363/EW300 doesn't have the big data dial that the E453/EW400 does, nor does it have the Category up/down buttons, so the process of navigating through the Function menu isn't quite as easy on the EW300 as on the EW400.

As to your other questions, both models have stereo speakers built in. The EW300 has more or less the same sound set as the EW400, but it doesn't have all of the voices. For connecting either model to an iPad you'll need to get the USB-to-Lightning adapter so you can connect a USB cable from the keyboard to the iPad. Be cautious when talking to a salesperson in an Apple store, because depending on their knowledge they might suggest that you can just use the charging cable that comes with the iPad-- since one end is a USB plug-- but that is incorrect as it has the wrong type of USB plug at its end (type A versus type B).

Reaction score
Thank you for answering fast. I was thinking of going for the 61 key Psr-E453. I want to learn The great gig in the sky from Dark side of the moon but I think you need more keys to reach the full range for the song. I also like Elton Johns Yellow Brick Road material. is it possible to cover songs from such artists on 61 keys
?.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
See my reply to your other thread for some ideas about getting by with 49 or 61 keys, or whether it's better to go for 76 or 88 keys. :)

Ask a Question