Yamaha Tyros 5: need a little help after factory reset.

Reaction score
After owning my Tyros 5 for several months I decided to upgrade the speaker system. Since my keyboard has been previously owned I thought this would be an ideal time to clean-the-slate by doing a full-factory-reset thru the FUNCTION, UTILITY menu. All has gone well, however, for some reason I am unable to reintroduce one feature that I had and enjoyed, before the reset.
Before the reset, after I would finish playing a song (while using the ACOMP and OTS, SYNC START settings together), the keyboard would always automatically reset the Style to Variation "A" and relight the SYNC START button, no matter which variation I finished the song on. I thought this to be a default setting and it worked perfectly for the way I play. The factory reset has changed this. Now, when I finish playing a song and end on variation B, C or D, the keyboard will hold the variation I finished the song on and the SYNC START does not reset automatically. I would like the keyboard to automatically reset the Style to Variation "A" and light the SYNC START button when I have finished a song as it did before.
I've gone to the FUNCTION, STYLE SETTINGS menu and have tried every conceivable combination of settings to get this auto-reset feature back. I have even tried another factory reset to no avail. Can anyone give me some guidance as to how to program this reset feature back into my Tyros 5? Appreciated!
Rich

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I think we have a few Tyros owners here who might know how to do that. In the meantime, I'll glance through the Reference Manual to see if it contains anything that looks promising.

Reaction score
Welcome.

I have often moaned about the manuals for my own keyboards (Korg) but Yamaha manuals set a new standard of a lot if writing and zero content.

So looking through the Tyros manual there are Global settings that you can make it is in the Utility section of the full user manual.

Before resetting or updating an OS the usual process is typically to create a Backup file and to create a file of the custom user content. For my Korg this gives me a Backup file and a Save All file. Then after updating the OS I perform a user restore using the Save All file and my custom settings are as they were before the update. You should be doing something like this with your Tyros.

Now on a Korg you can set up the keyboard as you want it and press and hold the My Settings button and all the settings are retained fir instant reset if needed. You may find a similar control or multi button press feature on your Tyros that gives you the same effect.

Sorry I cannot be more definitive.

Reaction score
Thank you both for your replies and comments.
As I began my ownership with this T5 I realized that the PO had made lots of changes and personalizations which, for the most part, I became familiar with before making any additional changes to suit me. Before the factory reset I took photos of every page in the Function menus so that "if" I ran into a problem while re-establishing my user settings I would have someplace to look to see what the previous settings were. This ACCOMP reset somehow got away from me and now I can't seem to pinpoint where it is or find the avenue into the control for making the change back to where the keyboard was before the reset.
I received an Owners Manual with the keyboard and also downloaded and printed the detailed Owners Reference Manual. I've literally spent hours combing thru the pages trying to solve this mystery. Maybe I'm looking too deep and the solution is as simple as holding a button down while turning on the keyboard....I don't know. For now, I still need help trying to sort this out.
Much appreciation to all,
Rich

Reaction score
I think we have a few Tyros owners here who might know how to do that. In the meantime, I'll glance through the Reference Manual to see if it contains anything that looks promising.
Hi my friend. I have question about country made tyros 5. Just Japan made that or other countries also? Thanks

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I honestly don't know. I think you might be able to tell the company of manufacture from the serial number-- at least, I've seen Yamaha manuals that show a list of 1- or 2-letter abbreviations for different countries, although I'm not certain whether those are used in serial numbers or elsewhere.

Ask a Question