Yamaha Tyros5 - YEM problem with (packs)

Reaction score
hello there, so I receantly i bought Tyros5 and I had Tyros4 before, but i bought Tyros5 because i liked the new feauter thet they have loading 3-4 packs once, I went to the yamahas official youtube page were they explain the procedure of loading different packs at once and I did the same as expalined on the video than i load the packs to the instrumet, I loaded 3 packs and one of them works good the other two have problems with the drums section it gets mixted with libraryes from other packs and it dosen't sound as i should. Can somebody explain to me what I am doing wrog with the procesure of loading packs ... thanks Ardit Nika-Montenegro

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I think that when you install a pack that includes expansion voices, the expansion voices use custom Bank MSB and LSB values. When you install multiple packs, I believe it's possible for these custom Bank MSB/LSB values to conflict with each other, and that the YEM program lets you edit those values as needed to make sure they don't conflict. It sounds like the expansion drum kits from the different packs might be using the same Bank MSB/LSB values as each other. I'm not familiar with using YEM, since I don't have any keyboards that can load expansion packs, but there should be an option that lets you see what Bank MSB/LSB values are assigned to each pack's expansion voices, and that lets you modify those values if need be.

Ask a Question