Yamaha YPG-235 or Casio CTK-6200?

Reaction score
Hello! I'm looking to buy a keyboard, but am torn between these two. The CTK-6200 has only 61 keys, but it seems to have much nicer voices, and a wider selection. I don't like the YPG-235's voices very much, and find them to sound a bit cheesy. I'm interested in trying to compose music, and was very impressed by a demo video I saw on YouTube. The video is called "Kris Nicholson Demos His New Limited Edition Ruby Red CASIO CTK 6250 Video 1" and the demo begins at 2:45.

Can the YPG do anything like this, especially the first demo? Aside from the lower number of keys, is the CTK superior to the YPG? I was also wondering if there are any other comparable keyboards within my price range that I may not be aware of, so up to $300. Thank you so much for your help!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Take a close look at the Casio WK-6600. Functionally identical to the CTK-6200 but with 76 Keys.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question