Yet Another old Newbie (almost)

Reaction score
Yeah I was looking at that too
I'll give it a try
Take a look at what ships with Logic Pro X.

Virtual instruments and effects, are what I need least...
I already have The BBC orchestra, and Spitfire Audio's free "Labs", plus a myriad of other plugins I'll never use., along with Melodyne's Editor version to correct minor flubs.

My first love, being being hard rock, and 1960's to 80's oldies.
And I have been looking for a virtual Hammond for years most didn't meet all my demands or needs, But this B-3x, is the cat's pajama's ... They literally took the Virtual B-3 to the limit 4 different B-3's, half a dozen different Leslies, incl modeling of Jon lord's "Smoke on the water" "Marshall amp stack" sound is possible.
..... and the ability to tweak every single parameter, even those like Key click which originally had no parameters.
This, is why I kept nudging for info.

But thanks for the Pro Logic Info.. I'm sure someone reading this might give it a try

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, the PC works fine, as does the DAW,
and standalone B3x.

It's Just that I don't know how to make the B3x connect with the G800 midi Keyboard, and I'm looking for some assistance with that.

Granted the new Mac may connect out of the box, but so did the G800 when loaded in the DAW. That was just 2 years ago.
Playing VST's thru the DAW is piece of cake but the B3x is a standalone VST program. I got the standalone, so I wouldn't have to drag a desktop PC to a 2 hour jam session.
I could just load it on my Toshiba laptop, if needed.
Remember..... I'm a older dinosaur, not prone to skipping and jumping, :cool:
RESOLVED!!!
Just needed that kick on the pants....about midi mapping, (which I got from Happyrat1)
I have since filled the air with swirling Leslie sounds!!
heh heh!
Thanks again to all that contributed to my plight!

Reaction score
Hi Charlie
Info about Hammond B-3X
Https//www.ikmultimedia.com
Video and info over midiconfiguration, midi learn mode,split single keyboard, and forum.
( did not found info about G800 only E800)
Mris

Reaction score
Hey Mris,
Bedankt is about as close as I can get to "Thank You." I passed thru Brussels in 2003, on my way from London to Frankfurt.
Stationed in Idar Oberstein De. , in the mid 60's I decided to return for a visit, and European tour.

I just recently discovered that info too!
They're where I bought the B-3x, but their website isn't very intuitive, and it took me a while to navigate around it. Lots of unadvertised areas... Like their Forum! Also found out the B-3x has been around for about 4 or more years! But I never heard of it before a chance stumbling onto another site where it was shown. Could have used it in my band back in '17. But this old dinosaur chose to haul an M3 and Leslie around, rather than just using a lightweight synth!
Now I have the best of both.

Ask a Question