Korg KROSS 88 key keyboard action

Reaction score
Hi:

I'm practicing in a studio tonight and my usual portable KB is a KAWAI MP6. In order to make things easier for transportation to and from practice the studio has a KORG KROSS 88 synth/stage keyboard they can lend me. From experience, can anyone tell me if the action is piano-like? I prefer the feel of escapement even if keyboard touch tries to simulate this. I am interested in basic piano/organ/classic rock sounds. I realize it also has all cheesy sci-fi sounds and redundant drum patterns which our group doesn't need, but for practice this would make things a lot easier

Thanx

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I have no experience with Korg, but I want to welcome you to the forums. :)

Hopefully someone here has played a Korg Kross and can post a comment before your practice tonight.

Reaction score
The Korg Kross 88 action is weighted in an attempt to simulate an acoustic piano. That's the good news.

The bad news is it doesn't do a particularly great job of it. The action is very heavy and sluggish.

Reaction score
Fred, is your piano's action similar to the Kross? I ask because I used to own a vertical too - wasn't an expensive one. Although a vertical action is quite different to a grand by its very nature, mine always felt a lot more responsive than the Kross.

Of course actions are a personal thing and OP may love the Kross action. I personally find it very difficult to enjoy.

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
I don't know if they're similar. I just know that the action is very heavy.

My wife was home when the tuner did his thing. He offered to lighten the action, but she declined. (Damn harpist.)

Reaction score
Fair enough!

Personally I really like the RH3 action you have in your Kronos, much more responsive and enjoyable to play. But again that's a matter of taste.

Ask a Question