Should I get A Korg Kross 2 or a Casio WK 7600

Reaction score
I've been looking online and doing research about which keyboard to buy. I have narrowed it down to these two models. I know that I want a workstation with sequencing capabilities, MIDI compatibility, headphone compatibility and a decent sound library. I am looking for advice.

Reaction score
Welcome.

I suppose that it all depends upon which ticks more boxes, the 7600 has 76 keys vs the Korgs 61.

The Casio does seem to be well featured if drawbars are you preffered instrument

The Korg has 1075 programs which is instrument sounds, and each is fully adjustable and combinations are very easy to create and add to the library.

If you can go to your music store and check them out.

I did not compare my own Kross 2 against the Casio (they are not popular in the UK) but I did against the Roland Juno and for what I want the Kross was the better unit.

Btw, if mobility is a factor the Kross 2 is 1/2 the weight of the Casio.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Korgs and Rolands generally sound better than similarly priced Casios.

Also consider the Roland Juno DS in the same price range.

An onboard sequencer is useless when all modern keyboards easily connect to computers which can run far better sequencers.

My advice is to try all these models yourself in the stores to get a feel for fit and finish as well as sound.

Youtubes and web opinions generally are no substitute for hands on testing.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
One more bit of advice.

Roland have just released a firmware update for the Juno so do look up what changes the update provides but more importantly do look at the splash screen at startup to see what versions the demo test units show.

Korg has also just update their firmware to version 1.1.0 not sure what the Juno should now show.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The new Juno Firmware is 2.0.0

It should show up if you hit the menu button, choose System and then Scroll to the end page.

Either way, firmware version should not be a dealbreaker. It's literally a 2 minute job to upgrade on the Juno using a USB Thumb Drive.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question