Korg Pa700 Keyboard set Lower sound is stuck on N Strings

Reaction score
When I first start up the keyboard the Lower sound is set to N Strings and is the same across all styles. If I manually change it to another sound it changes on all styles. Anyone know why or how to allow styles to each revert to its own Keyboard set lower style ?
image.jpg

Reaction score
I see that your Style T KBD Set button is not illuminated, try turning it a steady on and retest.

Come back to us with what happens.

Just in case you are not aware, if the Style To KBD Set button flashes then this mode should change the KBD Set automatically when you select another Variation.

Reaction score
Thank you Biggles. I tried turning on the Style to KBD button but it didn’t fix the issue.

Reaction score
Now try choosing another Style with different keyboard sets allocated then press and hold the My Settings button.

Power off the keyboard, leave it a few minutes and power it up.

Let us know what happens.

Reaction score
Tried that. No luck unfortunately. After power up it comes up with the newly saved style from my settings. But the lower keyboard is still stuck on the same N strings. All the rest of the styles including the factory styles always follow whatever I set in the lower backing keyboard.

Reaction score
OK

First you need to Backup your Keyboard

Then you need to perform a Save All file creation, this saves all your User Data. Media > navigate to the Save page > sellect All then click on OK after you have pointed the system to save the file to your USB memory stick

Download the latest OS system for your 70 and follow the instruction contained within the expanded zip file to reload the OS put the files needed on a clean USB memory stick that has been formatted in the 700

Follow the instructions precisely to update the OS from the USB memory stick

Reaction score
Do not follow the instructions of Biggles - you need no backup, no SaveAllFile, no download of OS and no OS update.

Simply go to the Global > General Controls > Lock > Control page.
Select/deselect the desired lock "Lower".
When this lock is closed, the Lower Sound remains unchanged when a different Keyboard Set or Style is selected.
This is useful if, for example, you prefer to only play chords with the left hand, while leaving the Sound in mute.
Only if you want the same Lower settings to be used during all your shows, save your preferred Lower settings to the MY SETTING
Keyboard Set (automatically selected on startup), and close this lock.

Reaction score
Do not follow the instructions of Biggles - you need no backup, no SaveAllFile, no download of OS and no OS update.

Simply go to the Global > General Controls > Lock > Control page.
Select/deselect the desired lock "Lower".
When this lock is closed, the Lower Sound remains unchanged when a different Keyboard Set or Style is selected.
This is useful if, for example, you prefer to only play chords with the left hand, while leaving the Sound in mute.
Only if you want the same Lower settings to be used during all your shows, save your preferred Lower settings to the MY SETTING
Keyboard Set (automatically selected on startup), and close this lock.
Holy Moly. That worked beautifully ! I somehow missed seeing that option even though I went through every page and tab while searching for a solution. Many thanks @siebenhirter

Reaction score
OK

First you need to Backup your Keyboard

Then you need to perform a Save All file creation, this saves all your User Data. Media > navigate to the Save page > sellect All then click on OK after you have pointed the system to save the file to your USB memory stick

Download the latest OS system for your 70 and follow the instruction contained within the expanded zip file to reload the OS put the files needed on a clean USB memory stick that has been formatted in the 700

Follow the instructions precisely to update the OS from the USB memory stick
I’ll be sure to use these steps if I need to restore from factory, thank you @Biggles . But removing the global lower keyboard lock fixed it for me.

Ask a Question