Motif XS8 vs. Fantom X8

Reaction score
I'm deciding between these two keyboards

I'd like it to have a good Piano, Organ, Harpsichord, and String sounds.
And weighted action with touch sensitivity with a good range.
And all the bells and whistles of a good synthesizer.

Reaction score
with what you just mentioned as the instrument sounds that are important to you, there is no comparison......the XS is far and above the fantom....I have a yamaha es rack, and i wouldnt trade it for a fantom...and as soon as the XS comes out in a rack version, I'll relace my es with an XS

keyplayer

Reaction score
I figerd as much, The reason I wanted to check a Yamaha out is becuase I currently have a PSR-295 that I got for like $150 which isn't exactly professional equipment, it had some nice sounds for as cheap as it was.

Reaction score
i know what you mean.....the fantom isnt a bad board but its more geared toward "synth" sounds rather than accoustic sounds like the YamahaXS....i really think you would be happy with it once you achevied the learning curve...the board has so many features and possibilities, it will take you a little while to learn it all

Reaction score
i know what you mean.....the fantom isnt a bad board but its more geared toward "synth" sounds rather than accoustic sounds like the YamahaXS....i really think you would be happy with it once you achevied the learning curve...the board has so many features and possibilities, it will take you a little while to learn it all
I'm hardly a pro, I've only been playing for about a year, but I now realise this is what I want to do. ATM, I have about $2200 saved up, and hopfully, I can afford it by the end of the month.

Heck, I may not sound like Rudess, but I'll have a damn nice keyboard.

Reaction score
I'm hardly a pro, I've only been playing for about a year, but I now realise this is what I want to do. ATM, I have about $2200 saved up, and hopfully, I can afford it by the end of the month.

Heck, I may not sound like Rudess, but I'll have a damn nice keyboard.

wish my first keyboard would have been as nice as the one your getting.....Jorden Rudess is a top notch player....but it would be awful boring if we ALL sounded lke him.....:cool:

Ask a Question