New keyboard/ synthesizer/ other.

Reaction score
Hello.
I've been playing keyboard (Casio Ctk 1200) for around two and a half months, and I want to buy a new keyboard. The Casio I have does not posses the 'high pitched distorted guitar' sound I'm looking for, since I'm mainly interested in playing power/ symphonic/ neoclassical solos.

I've had a few keyboards in mind (I don't really differentiate between keyboards and synths and all that stuff), mainly:

Casio Ctk 7000
Roland E 09
Korg something; forgot the name.

The price range should be about £250-300, maybe £400 at maximum.
I know that isn't alot, but any advice is welcome.

Thanks.

Reaction score
the korg ps60 may have it, but i'm not sure, but with that price you want, it's a bit difficult, maybe a used-one will be better, because you can get a better keyboard with a lower price, in spite of the warranty lack.
Anyways, if you look well, you'll find something good out:)

Reaction score
CasioWK7500
Just got 7500 3 days ago-bANG FOR THE BUCK SOUND WISE ITS GREAT-MY ISSUE IS AFTER MODIFYING A SOUND I CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO SAVE IT SO I WILL BE ABLE TO USE IT AGAIN.
i USE THIS ON GIGS IN ADDITION TO AN 88 KEY PReVIA AND FOR A FOUR PIECE WE SOUND HUGE
any other owners explain how i can save my sound edits

The Y_man

Reaction score
CasioWK7500
Just got 7500 3 days ago-bANG FOR THE BUCK SOUND WISE ITS GREAT-MY ISSUE IS AFTER MODIFYING A SOUND I CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO SAVE IT SO I WILL BE ABLE TO USE IT AGAIN.
i USE THIS ON GIGS IN ADDITION TO AN 88 KEY PReVIA AND FOR A FOUR PIECE WE SOUND HUGE
any other owners explain how i can save my sound edits

Please see https://www.keyboardforums.com/threads/edited-tone-wk7500-how-do-you-save-them.23878/

We'd prefer you didn't ask the same question 3 times - as it can be confusing for both you and others. You won't get 3 times the amount of information.

The Y-man​

Reaction score
I think if 61 keys is enough range for you, then the Korg PS60 is a nice little axe. If you go to Youtube, there is a demo played by this guy who demonstrates and nice lead sound using some harmonic minor/phrygian sound runs. Also if you can stretch to £450, that new Casio XW-P1 performance synth's has plenty of bells and whistles to suit your needs. Might even get one of those myself, I am completely without a keyboard at the moment, have to use my Son's PSR home keyboard (no pitch device Arrrrgggh!). Either that, or get yourself a Novation Remote SL61 MkII and some Virtual Instruments, Korg Legacy plugins are awesome, the Polysix plugin thru the MDE FX plugin would be great for leads. Jen Johansson uses a real polysix for leads and hear a lot of dudes emulating that sound with that plugin. Lots of options for your budget mate, I'm in the same boat!. Having 3 Kids is very expensive ! lol.

Ask a Question