problem connecting headphone to ctk-4400

Reaction score
I am currently using an original headphone that samsung provide when you buy a new phone. I know that ctk-4400 allows people to use headphone but the samsung's headphone that i used could not work at all with ctk-4400. What type of headphone do i need to use or it is something wrong with my keyboard?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
All of the keyboards I'm familiar with require stereo headphones that have a 6.3mm (a.k.a. 1/4-inch) audio plug. If your headphones have a smaller plug then you'll need to use an adapter with it.

But I'm guessing that the problem you're having is being caused by the type of plug, rather than-- or in addition to-- the size of the plug. When you look at the plug you should see two rings that separate the plug into three sections (i.e., a "TRS" plug)-- not one ring (which would be a "TS" plug), and not three rings (which would be a "TRRS" plug).

As I understand it, iPhones and such commonly use the 3-ring TRRS type of plug, which is why I'm guessing that that's causing your problem. If you purchase an adapter for it, you'll need to buy a male 3.5mm TRRS to male 6.3mm TRS adapter.

Last edited:
Reaction score
All of the keyboards I'm familiar with require stereo headphones that have a 6.3mm (a.k.a. 1/4-inch) audio plug. If your headphones have a smaller plug then you'll need to use an adapter with it.

But I'm guessing that the problem you're having is being caused by the type of plug, rather than-- or in addition to-- the size of the plug. When you look at the plug you should see two rings that separate the plug into three sections (i.e., a "TRS" plug)-- not one ring (which would be a "TS" plug), and not three rings (which would be a "TRRS" plug).

As I understand it, iPhones and such commonly use the 3-ring TRRS type of plug, which is why I'm guessing that that's causing your problem. If you purchase an adapter for it, you'll need to buy a male 3.5mm TRRS to male 6.3mm TRA adapter.

thanks, it helped me alot.

Ask a Question