Roland E-66 - Keys lost touch sensitivity?

Reaction score
Hi Everyone;
Hope all is great wherever you are!
Re: Roland E-66 Arranger Keyboard
I have an E-66 keyboard-used it forever-but now a few select keys have lost thier ability to emit touch sensitvity even when the button is selected. A C4, D3 and other D notes on the keyboard as well. Makes it very hard to play without turning down the total piano volume & matching that with the other layers - bass, drums & etc.
I have tried several times to do a master reset on the E-66 but it does not change the status-those keys still get no touch sensitivity. Could it be a piece of dust somewhere or is there something somebody could recommend short of scraping an old & trusted reliable keyboard such as this one? Please help here or email me at
(e-mail address removed)

Thank you!:cool:

Reaction score
Hey Jeff!

I dont know exactly what the problem would be there but it does not sound like it will be a cheap fix. It may be time that you start thinking about investing in a new board.

Reaction score
Hey Jeff!

I dont know exactly what the problem would be there but it does not sound like it will be a cheap fix. It may be time that you start thinking about investing in a new board.

Thank you for your reply Burn4him. I am not quite sure you understand what I am indicating with respect to my keyboard but thanks anyway.

Reaction score
I think i understand but from what you said it is an issue with the driver (the computer in the keyboard) and thats the be expected the E-66's are pretty old.

Reaction score
I think i understand but from what you said it is an issue with the driver (the computer in the keyboard) and thats the be expected the E-66's are pretty old.

Perhaps you may understand. I was befuddled because it is only on certain notes. Perhaps someone else with an old roland e-66 may have had the same or similar issue & was able to resolve it in some other way. Thanks again B4H.
JB

Ask a Question