advice for first keyboard

Reaction score
Hi im looking for some advice regarding buying a first keyboard for my daughter. She is 6 yes old and has just started piano lessons. A piano is not financially viable for her to practise on so we are looking for a keyboard.
What do we look for??
I dont want to spend loads in case its just a phase but want something pretty decent. Not really too fussed with all the sounds etc as it will be mainly for practice. Do I need to choose touch sensitive keys or does it not really matter? I have been looking at Casio and Yamaha ones but there is so much to consider. Help please.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Take a look at the Casio Privia Series. Prices range between $500 and $1200. Choose the best you can afford according to your budget.

http://www.casio.co.uk/products/musical-instruments/privia-digital-pianos/

Personally I would recommend the PX-330

The extra MIDI sounds are nice and something the child can grow into and Weighted Hammer Action Velocity Sensistive Keys are a MUST if the child is learning traditional piano techniques.

Ask a Question