Akai miniak

Reaction score
hello, i recently purchased an AKAI MINIAK. I was wondering if anyone could help me acheive a few specific synth tones/settings..

1. Avril Lavigne - What The Hell
I'm looking (mainly) for that main 'synth riff' at the very beginning (it also plays throughout the song a few times).
NOTE: see the link below for the live version. At 0:25, you see Avril's keyboard/synth player Steve Ferlazzo playing the part on an M-Audio Axiom Pro 25. I'm hoping my AKAI MINIAK can acheive an accurate replication of the tone.. ALSO, any other synth tones you can make out from that live set would also be useful to me. At 08:23 (during the chorus of 'Wish You Were Here'), is another setting i'd find useful.

2.The Veronicas - Untouched
Again, looking to acheive the sound heard at the very beginning of the track. When the song is played live, (During their 2008/09 shows) they use an Alesis Micron for this part. As im aware that the Micron & Miniak are virtually the same synth (same sound engine, different layout/colour), i'm guessing this can be acheived. at 4:16 here >
the micron is seen being played (though i think it might not be the intro part, maybe a part that kicks in along with the drums?).

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Dava

note: im only a beginner with synths, so basically im looking for some sort of list of settings to alter on one of the presets to gain the tones im looking for. As accurate as possible please! :D

Ask a Question