AKX10 first review!

Reaction score
It's got to be unnoticeable - I also play a Baldwin Acrosonic and other than it having full weighted 88 ivory keys other than my Yamaha having non-weighted 76 - I see / feel no difference.
That's interesting but I guess everyone is different. I definitely notice it immediately when I play with slightly narrower keys and that could be down to the fact that I don't have particularly big hands, so my 'stretch' is comfortable at an octave.

Have you tried comparing your Yamaha's keybed to 76 keys on your Baldwin? it would be interesting to see if there is any difference but the good thing for you is that it doesn't affect your playing.

Reaction score
You are correct that Yamaha's PSR "full-size" keys are actually a little bit narrower than the keys on a standard piano keyboard, but the difference is almost unnoticeable unless you've got it stacked on top of another keyboard that has true "full-size" keys.

Now that would be a bit of a nightmare :eek:for me, especially if one hand was playing the smaller keys and the other 'normal' keys. I have a hard enough job playing the right notes as it is. :)

Ask a Question