Alesis Vortex

Reaction score
I recently purchased a vortex from a friend. Unfortunately Alesis thought it was a great idea to put the serial number on a paper label on the back of the key tar. As many of you know, this tends to fade away over time which happened to this one. So I’m not able to download any of the free software or editors that came with it because I have no idea with the serial number is. Would any of you be willing to give me access to those links so I can download them? Or do you have another suggestion?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Or do you have another suggestion?

Offhand I'd suggest contacting Alesis tech support by email or phone with your problem.

http://www.alesis.com/contact

They may be able to point out another serial number in the internals of the unit or issue you a new serial number for download purposes or perhaps even email you the software directly.

If you opt for email, however, be prepared to wait a week or so for the reply because they are very slow in replying to tech queries.

In this thread they state that the serial number is also written in the original manual that came with it. If it came with the original manual check that out.

http://community.alesis.com/alesis/...o-learn-the-serial-number-once-its-rubbed-off

In fact they have a long list of similar complaints on their forum.

http://community.alesis.com/alesis/searches?query=vortex+serial+number&x=22&y=15&style=topic

Good luck and let us know what your ultimate solution is.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
it's always something.... I found the serial number, but the website no longer provides workable links. I tried the dropbox links, but can't view it because it's been archived. Waiting on a response from Alesis....

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
This is weird. Are you sure about the dropbox link? I downloaded the software myself even though I don't own a Vortex and I have it on my hard drive.

Send me your email address in a private msg and I'll email the zip file directly to you.

The zip file is 29 MB in size so too big for my email but it contains both Mac and PC versions so let me know which one you need and I can zip them up individually and send them separately.

EDIT >>> I just rechecked the files. The original zip contains two zips for each version. The Mac version is 12 MB and the PC version is 17 MB.

I don't even have to rezip them. I can send them intact as is.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks. I got them to accept the serial number. I'm guessing the problem I was having was because it was case sensitive. That unlocked the secret passage to the downloads. But I appreciate your offer. ☺️

Ask a Question