Any suggestions on a basic digital mic for home studio ( logicpro/imac) vox tracking? TY!

Reaction score
Any good home recording microphone suggestions for my home studio (logic pro/imac)?

Used to have a midi interface - gave it away, and think I dont need one of those any more now. (Looking maybe $100-300?)

Thx for any ideas!
Brad

Reaction score
Recently, I upgraded to the

Shure BETA 58A Vocal Microphone - Single Element Supercardioid Dynamic Mic for Stage and Studio​

I use it for stage, but feel a great mic for studio. It has an amazing frequency response. gives that warm feeling. My audience comments on the clarity of my vocals…and when you get close to it, you can get that soothing night radio talk show host sound…very direct, never no feedback, since it is Supercardiod design. No need for Phantom power since it is a dynamic mic.

Reaction score
Recently, I upgraded to the

Shure BETA 58A Vocal Microphone - Single Element Supercardioid Dynamic Mic for Stage and Studio​

I use it for stage, but feel a great mic for studio. It has an amazing frequency response. gives that warm feeling. My audience comments on the clarity of my vocals…and when you get close to it, you can get that soothing night radio talk show host sound…very direct, never no feedback, since it is Supercardiod design. No need for Phantom power since it is a dynamic mic.
Grateful for the reply, will take a look at it.

Reaction score
No matter what you choose, look at the frequency response specs first and compare. Your sales person should be knowledgeable on this and be able to help you choose. Stay in your price range…no need to pay more!

Ask a Question