Beginner/bought keyboard, now what?

Reaction score
I bought a used midi keyboard, does it matter which one I bought?

Anyway, I bought one without realizing what kind of software I would need to get to be able to use it. I am wondering if anyone here can recommend me some software to use .. and how to connect my keyboard to it, or my headphones? I tried one software, but it felt too complicated.

I am really not good at these kind of things, so any information would be really great.

Thanks.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If you're looking for software recommendations then YES, make and model number matters.

Gary ;)

Ad

Advertisements

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Let us know make and model. People here will be able offer some relevant suggestions.
You say you are a beginner. I say welcome to the wonderful world of creating and playing music.
Ray

Reaction score
Welcome.

To add to what Gary and Ray have said, if you have an iPad or even iPhone with a Lightning connector then it is very easy to get started.

You will have or be able to install Garage Band (it is free) on your iPad plus there are a mass of virtual instrument sound software available for free.

To do the above all you need is a geniune Apple Camera Adaptor and standard USB cable.

Please come back to us with more information.

If you have Android then that will probably work as well but I myself do not use said system.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Right now all that we know is it's a "MIDI keyboard"

That could be anything from, a controller to a Kronos.

Waste of time responding until he responds.

Gary ;)

tjw

Reaction score
You might also pass along what your goals are.... product/demo production, songwriter/composer collaboration, teaching, study, kids ?

Reaction score
Right now all that we know is it's a "MIDI keyboard"

That could be anything from, a controller to a Kronos.

Waste of time responding until he responds.

Gary ;)
Encouragement will not go amiss.

As long as they come back

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question