Best Keyboard Amp for Keyboard in apartment

Reaction score
I much prefer playing a piano, but living in an apartment makes that hard. I'm not sure I can use my Crate with my Korg and get the sound I want.

I'm also looking at buying a Korg SV-1 so I need to consider that as well.

Reaction score
Pair of near field monitors. Google that and you'll see loads of suggestions.

I've recommended PC speakers as a cheap option on your other thread - before I saw this post.

Do a search on the Sound On Sound magazine website. Loads mentioned on there.

Reaction score
I use an ex-PC Sub Woofer and Tweeter setup and is superb! Allows for great monitoring also.

Mine is a Cambridge Soundworks

v5l2fm.jpg

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If your walls are that thin then you might want to use headphones. But a low-level amp might be safe at low volumes. I've no experience with the Blackstar Fly 3 Guitar amp so I can't comment for or against-- although if you're thinking of getting one then you may want to get Blackstar's new Fly 3 Bass Guitar amp instead, because bass guitar amps are said to be better for keyboards than guitar amps are.

Reaction score
Please dont! dont! DONT! use guitar or bass amps, they absolutely suck amplifying keys and thats simply because their not meant to do that, theres so much frequencies they miss...
You need something that covers a wide range of freqs, from deep lows, warm mids to (specially) crisp highs. You basically have 2 options: near field studio monitors, that may give you the best quality but less power (theyre designed to sound really good at a small place) or powered speakers that may give you more power but rather not same sound quality as studio monitor (but good enough quality, infinitely BETTER than guitar amps anyway...). 8" speakrs will be enough for deep bass on your lows.
You can google about this, it took me some weeks of reading and asking to find out and decide myself. If you wanna know I went for powered speakers, since I get a lot of live gigs so I use them for amps or monitoring.
Good luck!

Ask a Question