Best keyboard combo amp

Reaction score
Hi

What is the best sounding keyboard combo amp, the Behringer Mk45fx or Peavey KB2? They both have similar specs but can't decide which one to buy

Many Thanks

Glyn

Reaction score
I don't think either of those would suit well, both are bottom-of-the-line. What keyboard are you using? What's the application? The combo amp I use is the Traynor K4... lots of power and sounds decent. I chose it for convenience of having everything in one unit, otherwise I'd've gone with powered speakers and a mixer (JBL eon, QSC k10 or k12, Yorkville NX25p, something along those lines). Motion Sound also makes good keyboard amps.

Reaction score
I have a korg m50, I need a basic keyboard combo amp to connect to the sound desk at the venue I will be playing and so I can hear myself on stage, I will also be using it in my small studio for practicing. I don't want to spend a lot of money on one.
Would these not be suitable and do they not sound very good?
What would be a good alternative for the price?

Many Thank

Reaction score
Increase your budget... for such an expensive keyboard you're not doing yourself any favours by skimping out on the amp. What's the point of spending a lot of money on a good keyboard to have it sound like shit in the end?

Reaction score
Well you're not amplifying an entry-level keyboard, why would you use an entry-level amp? I mean, go to the stores and try a $200 dollar amp, then try playing through two powered speakers that each cost $600+ and hear the difference. Make compromises where you see fit, I suppose.

Ask a Question