Best Rotary Simulator

Reaction score
Hello,
I'd like some opinions on what is the best stomp box rotary simulator-I understand the Boss pedal is good?
In the past I used a MICROB but that device is too cumbersome and has too many cables etc-also the sounds although decent had alot of extraneous noise.

Reaction score
hands down........... Neo Ventilator

In general just go to youtube and type in 'Neo Ventilator'. Every comparison known to mankind is there, endorsed by every meaningful organist (Joey D, Lonnie Smith, etc..). I saw Joey Defrancesco do a jazz concert outside of Philadelphia about 4 months ago and he used a real B3 with a Ventilator, i.e. no leslie. It's that good ....

http://www.neo-instruments.de/en

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=neo+ventilator&_sacat=619

Reaction score
I have a dynacord CLS 222 that is pretty amazing but no distortion. The stereo spread is really good and even makes a sampled organ from a synth sound like a real organ in a mix.

Reaction score
Check out the Youtube video demo's for the " Neo Ventilator " leslie simulator. I gigged with Hammonds and Leslies in the past, so I know them well. The Ventilator sounds exactly like a 122 Leslie. It is probably one of the best pieces of equipment I've ever owned.

Reaction score
Definitely the Neo Vent!
Not owning a B3 or a Leslie 122 or a car big enough to cart them around in, or the strength to lift them, I have another solution which suits me fine. I have programmed many B3 voices into a Roland A-90, added a Roland EV-5 Expression pedal, and the Neo Vent, and the result is great. The Neo is slightly bigger than two effects pedals side by side and weighs one kg but is more versatile than a Leslie as the two speeds can be varied and the phase effect shifted. So portable and light weight!
Not for the purist perhaps as there are no drawbars, but arranging the voices in sequence on the A-90 (or an RD-700 or whatever) means you change voices with the up/down button. And you split the keyboard so if using a walking bass with the left hand it is not affected by the expression pedal.
As I also use the EV-5 for organ sounds with other keyboards with reverse polarity to the Roland (notably a Technics KN2000 which has its own Leslie effect which can be cancelled and replaced by the Neo) I added a polarity switch to the EV-5. Now it can be used by keyboards of either polarity.
The Neo is true to the Leslie sound and eliminates the humping around of large speakers.
A great solution I find.

Wes

Reaction score
Another plus for the Vent is that you can vary the mic distance easily, making it easier to reproduce classic recordings in a cover-band situation. A great example is Steppenwolf recordings, listen to "Born to be Wild", the lower rotor is miked up VERY close for a strong tremulant sound.

Reaction score

Ask a Question