Broken Mechanica Computer Keyboard?

Defective or am I just overreacting?

• Yes, send it in for repairs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's normal for there to be some difference in the sound of the keys.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hello,

I've recently purchased a Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 with Cherry Mx blue switches and I love it so far. My only concern is that there is little consistency in the sound produced in the keys. Some keys produce a nice strong click, while others produce a much weaker click. I want to know if it's normal for there to be a variation in the sound produced by the keys or if my keyboard is defective and the keys should all sound almost the same. Some of the more faint keys are the 'e' '6' 'q' 'u' and a few of the keys that produce a notably loud click are the 'w' 'x' 'b' arrow keys, and the entirety of the numpad keys. Any of you Black Widow owners notice a difference in the sound of your keys or are they all basically similar? I've owned my keyboard for just over a week so if there is a problem, it's not due to them wearing out.

Reaction score
In the infamous words of our venerable sage "happyrat1" from the great northern reaches:
"Wrong forum Dude...

We do Music Keyboards here. If you get a Casio or a Korg feel free to post. Otherwise, I'd advise posting your questions here.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/

Regards,
Gary"

pssst! - He's a little narrow in his interests. You can add Hammond, Ketron, Kurzweil, Roland, Yamaha and a few others to that list.

Last edited:
Reaction score
In the infamous words of our venerable sage "happyrat1" from the great northern reaches:

pssst! - He's a little narrow in his interests. You can add Hammond, Ketron, Kurzweil, Roland, Yamaha and a few others to that list.
Glad that he mentioned Casio.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello and welcome the forums - as the others have mentioned this is a music keyboard forum, not a computer keyboard forum. I've moved this thread to the off-topic section :).

You may have more luck asking on a computer forum such as www.pcreview.co.uk or www.tomshardware.com.

Ask a Question