Can I get my Roland fp90 to sound more resonant?

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Roland fp90. There are many things to like about it, particularly the wonderful action and easy controls. But so far, I am disappointed by the non-electric piano selections, (grand, ballad, mellow, upright, etc.) which lack the resonance of a real acoustic piano. They sound clunky, maybe a little metallic. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a setting that would add resonance and therefore make it sound more like a true acoustic piano. I realize that only so much is possible from a digital piano, but I hope I can coax this thing to sound fuller, more resonant, and truer.

Reaction score
Thanks Biggles. I've been through some of those options, but none seemed to do the trick. It's possible I'm not making the adjustments correctly -- of that there's a trick to it -- so I was hoping that somebody who's been down this road could advise me as to the best options, the best levels of adjustment, etc

Reaction score
If you do not get a response here you could always ask the question on the Roland Forum.

http://forums.rolandclan.com/

I do not have your keyboard but I know on mine I can vary many parameters the likes of the attack, decay, release, resonance etc.

I would ring up the music store where you bought the piano as they may be able to talk you through the onboard menu system, (fingers crossed that you did not buy it from Amazon).

I am surprized that the sound quality is not to your liking as the FP90 is top of the FP food chain.

Also, have you tried the Piano Designer App?

Reaction score
If you do not get a response here you could always ask the question on the Roland Forum.

http://forums.rolandclan.com/

I do not have your keyboard but I know on mine I can vary many parameters the likes of the attack, decay, release, resonance etc.

I would ring up the music store where you bought the piano as they may be able to talk you through the onboard menu system, (fingers crossed that you did not buy it from Amazon).

I am surprized that the sound quality is not to your liking as the FP90 is top of the FP food chain.

Also, have you tried the Piano Designer App?

Reaction score
Trying the piano designer app is a great idea. I'll try it and let you know how it goes.

Ask a Question