Casio CDP-230R Not Functioning Properly

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My family owns a Casio CDP-230R keyboard. I personally am not an avid piano/keyboard player, but am fairly good with technology(and probably the only person who knows how to use forums), so they are having me attempt to repair it.

Here is what happens:
I plug the keyboard into the AC power outlet.
I click the I/O power button on the keyboard.
The keyboard display lights up, and 8 black boxes appear where the text is usually displayed.
From here, the keyboard freezes. Pressing the I/O power button does not turn it off, it must be unplugged from the wall to turn it off.
No other buttons do anything visible, and the keys do not make any sound(the volume knob is turned to 3/4 max).

I'm not sure how long it's been doing this, but I assume at least for a year or so.
Attached is a picture of the frozen display after pressing the power button.

Is it fixable?
Thank you,
Amno

Attachments

• frozendisplay.jpg
    frozendisplay.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
I just checked the back of it. There is a label that says "CDP-230RBK" and "use AC ADAPTOR only"

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My family owns a Casio CDP-230R keyboard. I personally am not an avid piano/keyboard player, but am fairly good with technology(and probably the only person who knows how to use forums), so they are having me attempt to repair it.

Here is what happens:
I plug the keyboard into the AC power outlet.
I click the I/O power button on the keyboard.
The keyboard display lights up, and 8 black boxes appear where the text is usually displayed.
From here, the keyboard freezes. Pressing the I/O power button does not turn it off, it must be unplugged from the wall to turn it off.
No other buttons do anything visible, and the keys do not make any sound(the volume knob is turned to 3/4 max).

I'm not sure how long it's been doing this, but I assume at least for a year or so.
Attached is a picture of the frozen display after pressing the power button.

Is it fixable?
Thank you,
Amno
Hi Amno15,

Try to initialize the piano to its default settings:

Power off.

While holding down 'SONG BANK' and the '1' (10-key) at the same time, press the 'POWER' button.

Keep 'SONG BANK' and the '1' buttons pressed until message "Pls wait" appears on the screen.

Release 'SONG BANK' and the '1' button.

You should be able to use the Digital Piano in a short while after its system is initialized.
_______

If that fails, let me know.

Reaction score
Hi Amno15,

Try to initialize the piano to its default settings:

Power off.

While holding down 'SONG BANK' and the '1' (10-key) at the same time, press the 'POWER' button.

Keep 'SONG BANK' and the '1' buttons pressed until message "Pls wait" appears on the screen.

Release 'SONG BANK' and the '1' button.

You should be able to use the Digital Piano in a short while after its system is initialized.
_______

If that fails, let me know.
Hi, I found this solution online a bit ago, but no matter how long they were held down it didn't work.

Reaction score
Try one last thing...
Enter Diagnostic Program mode:

With the power OFF.
Hold down [0], [1] and [2] buttons at the same time and then turn the power ON.

After the Diagnostic Program is launched, the test mode screen should appear on the screen:
'TESTMODE'

Release the [0], [1] and [2] buttons.

Then you could carry on with the tests by pressing more buttons but in your case just power OFF again to return to normal.

Leave a few seconds and try powering ON again.

If it still doesn't work then I recommend sending it to a service center for repair.

Good luck...

Ask a Question