Casio ct 460

Reaction score
Gday my name is Robert Wilson my son Conor is autistic and has asked santa for a casio ct 460 I understand that it is a very old one and I have not yet been able to find one.
I had a letter from santa sent to him telling him that santa is going to send it as soon as he can get it. Which gives me some time to find one but as I know nothing about this sort of thing I was hoping someone would be able to help me.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If I might ask, how old is Conor.

I would think any of the Casio CTK line would work nicely for the lad.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Conor is 23 years old but mentally only 6 years old and yes your right he has had keyboards before and he realy did not care what make or model they were but he saw a utube video about the casio ct 460 and the person was raving about it was the best ever and he being autistic he now believes its the one he has to have. And since he still believes in santa he ask him for one I got a letter printed saying santa was having trouble getting it to give me some time to find one.
Robert

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Understood.

If no other board will do, then your best option is to scour the pawn shops, yard sales, classifieds, craigslist and Ebay until one turns up.

It truly is a dated piece of crap but has established a following of avid collectors who think old Casios are the bees knees.

Because of it's so-called "vintage" status, any ones you find will set you back several $hundred. Whereas, someone cleaning out their attic might sell you one for $40.

Anyway, you could always post a note on your local craigslist advertising for someone to sell you one and hope for the best if nothing else works.

Good luck filling your son's Christmas wish and may the coming new year be kind to you both. Music therapy is a wonderful tool for growth and advancement and your son may already be developing a synergistic relationship that could serve him well in the future.

Honestly, we're all on the spectrum to one degree or another if you look at us closely enough ;)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Yes it's old and won't do as much as a cheap one from a toy shop but unfortunately he can't get it out of his head so I'm just waiting for one to turn up some place as for local I'm in Ireland nó pawnshops here only charity shops so I will keep searching for it on the Internet
Robert

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I managed to find this listing on Ebay from the USA.

It'll cost a small fortune to ship to Ireland but the asking price is reasonable.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Does he have any colour aversions or preferences?

In the current Casiotone range there are a few CT models, some of which are available in Red but Black versions are also available.

You could print out an image of a couple of different models and just leave them lying around.

Also casually watching a video of say a CT 200 yourself might stir up interest by him.

If he shows interest you could then say you are thinking of getting one for yourself to play with whilst you are continuing to search for a CT 410, what does he think?

Reaction score
Hi. Are you still looking for a Casio CT-460? I have one that was working last time I checked, but it’s been in storage for 7 or 8 years, so I’m not sure of its current condition.

If you’re interested, I could check on the keyboard next time I go to the storage facility (might be a few weeks, since it's not near my home). If it still works, we could see if there's a reasonable, not-too-expensive way to get it to you (I'm in New York).

Reaction score
Hi,

it's been a while since the original request and I don't know if it's still relevant.
Actually, I can't imagine why on earth one might choose a CT-460 of all things (even out of all maybe-collectible Casios).
You're absolutely sure about the model no.? Most collectors who present their gear on YT show the CT-470 or other models that include the synth editor (the 460 doesn't AFAIK) and the weird sounds that can make.

That being said, the CT-460 actually turns up quite regularly on the German (I'm from Germay) classifieds site ebay-kleinanzeigen.de for reasonable prices. Shipping is often a problem, though.

A few current examples:
60€; "very good condition"; offers shipping
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/keyboard-casio-ct-460/1978583233-74-8216
30€; looks good to me from the pictures at first sight, but only local pickup offered; unfortunately too far for me as well, but I could try to help talking the seller into mailing it nonetheless
60€; "very good condition"; same comments regarding local pickup apply as for the previous one

Please feel free to PM me if you need help with translation or (hopefully) talking sellers into shipping to Ireland.

CAUTION: Please note that with all consumer electronics of that age (1980-ish vintage) there are a myriad of potential (possibly hidden) problems that may be very challenging (more likely, impossible) to fix for non-technicians. From my experience (don't ask how many non-working AV devices I have collected over the years), this is a very serious issue. I strongly advise you to talk your son out of this idea, if in any way possible.

P.S.: I'm not affiliated with any of the sellers.

Reaction score
Okay, after not hearing back from the OP for 7 weeks, I withdraw my offer so that I can 'unwatch' this thread & forum.
Hopefully, he was able to solve his problem in the meantime.

Reaction score
Gday my name is Robert Wilson my son Conor is autistic and has asked santa for a casio ct 460 I understand that it is a very old one and I have not yet been able to find one.
I had a letter from santa sent to him telling him that santa is going to send it as soon as he can get it. Which gives me some time to find one but as I know nothing about this sort of thing I was hoping someone would be able to help me.

Hi! Where you able to find the keyboard? I know its late but I happen to have this exactly keyboard. If you're interested send me a e-mail on (e-mail address removed).

Ask a Question