How to download rhythm to Casio CT-X700

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. I did download the Data Manager but I have to be honest, I don't understand how it works.

I guess my first dilemma is finding the rhythm I need - I don't have the software or knowledge on how to create it. I don't want to make a long story of it, but I used to have a Casio CTK-2550 keyboard and on that keyboard there is a rhythm pattern "6/8 Ballad" that suited my purpose ok. Now that I have the CT-X700, that same rhythm is not the same - it has a much slower beat even at "wide open" tempo. I thought the keyboard was at fault but as it turns out, the CTK-2550 was actually running fast - so to speak. It counted beats differently like double. This all sounds pretty bizarre but the moral of the story is, I want to download a rhythm pattern that will work for me...if that is even possible.

Thanks again for your help.

Reaction score
For the 700, you don’t have the USB capability so you need to use midi with their software. Check casiomusicforums.com. I remember seeing a thread in there about it. Or the user manual. I use the 800 and it shares the same stuff except pitch wheel and USB.

Reaction score
For the 700, you don’t have the USB capability so you need to use midi with their software. Check casiomusicforums.com. I remember seeing a thread in there about it. Or the user manual. I use the 800 and it shares the same stuff except pitch wheel and USB.
Thank you Keroleen. I have learned quite a bit in the last couple hours. I did download the CT-X DataManager software & User Guide and I think I might know how to use it...IF I had a file to download. I realize that creating a rhythm of mine own is not going to happen. I was hoping to find some .AC7 rhythm files to download that I could use but every link I tried hit a dead end. And apparently Casio no longer offers any on their website.

Here's my problem. I used to have a Casio CTK-2550 keyboard and for one particular song, I used the "6/8 Ballad" rhythm @ 150bpm. Now I have the CT-X700 keyboard and that same rhythm is much different (slower). For some reason, the CTK-2550 counts beats twice as fast so I would need to set the CT-X700 tempo @ 300bpm to get the same beat but obviously I can't because it only goes to 255bpm.

So anyway, this may all sound quite bizarre but that's where I'm at. Somehow I need to get a 6/8 beat that runs faster or preferably a 12/8 rhythm.

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am asking for some guidance on how to download a "user" rhythm to my keyboard. I found this website https://music.casio.com/e/data_ex4/rhythm.html but none of the links work. I need advice from the ground up as I know virtually nothing about how to do this.

Thanks to anyone that can help me. :eek:)
Press on the word Download with the right, and select Save link as... then a window appears and the file is a CKF format. Done.

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. I did download the Data Manager but I have to be honest, I don't understand how it works.

I guess my first dilemma is finding the rhythm I need - I don't have the software or knowledge on how to create it. I don't want to make a long story of it, but I used to have a Casio CTK-2550 keyboard and on that keyboard there is a rhythm pattern "6/8 Ballad" that suited my purpose ok. Now that I have the CT-X700, that same rhythm is not the same - it has a much slower beat even at "wide open" tempo. I thought the keyboard was at fault but as it turns out, the CTK-2550 was actually running fast - so to speak. It counted beats differently like double. This all sounds pretty bizarre but the moral of the story is, I want to download a rhythm pattern that will work for me...if that is even possible.

Thanks again for your help.
Data Manager is for copying the styles from the computer to the keyboard. Using a printer cable. There are demonstrations on Youtube.

Ask a Question