Casio ct-x3000 vs Casio ct-s500

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a beginner in keyboards and I'm looking for cheap options that I can take advantage of, even if it's not professionally. Recently I have been looking at casio keyboards both the ct-x3000 and ct-s500 models that share similar features and fit my needs, however I find that they have some different features, for example: the casio ct-s500 has some knobs assignable for certain functions and the ct-x3000 does not have them but instead has rhythm creation (styles) and more slots available to save configurations. Both keyboards have similar prices but I would like to know which one is more useful and versatile for me, I play in a rock and ska band and I need to improve my gear.

Reaction score
Welcome.

I fail to see how a £300 Casio is going to improve your gear significantly.

A Roland Juno DS or similar by Yamaha or Korg would be a far more sensible buy

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your answer, however I would like to add a little more context to my situation, I am a guy who does not have enough money to buy a superior model of keyboard and these options are the best fit for the savings I have, it was even necessary for me to sell my previous keyboard, a casio ctk-2400 that was no longer useful for the work that I am doing and in terms of quality it is far below the casio models that I mentioned previously.

Reaction score
MeowDan - very similar keyboards. I haven't played any of them, but I have had Casio WK for many years. Not bad, easy to use. There are a few sounds that are really good, but this is enough for me. I would go with CTX 3000 , it seems closer to my keyboard, so I guess that is better. The only advantage of s-5oo seems to be sampling function, if this is of any interest to you.
In any case, enjoy the music, no matter which instrument you choose!

Reaction score
I bought a CT X5000 as a stop gap a couple of years ago.

The thing was dire, mediocre sounds, rubbish keybed, a very poor OS that would not easily store anything?

It arrived a Friday and was returned on Monday.

Plus prior I tried the S1000 and S3000 but they came out behind Yamaha and Roland in terms of the quality of the onboard sounds and same position for keybed feel.

So do have a look on Craig’s List etc for a previously owned better quality keyboard if cash is restricted.

Reaction score
There's some discussion of how the CT-S500 compares to the CT-X5000 at https://forums.musicplayer.com/topi...000v-and-ct-s500-arranger-keyboards/#comments (and getting back to the OP, the latter is a step up in the same series as the CT-X3000 under consideration).

My takeaway would be that the CT-S500 has better sounds, better feeling keys, probably better user interface, more real-time control, and is smaller/lighter (even includes pegs for attaching a strap). OTOH, the CT-X has more capable arranger/accompaniment/sequencer functions, and probably louder speakers. If you're playing in a band, the CT-S500's advantages would be more significant (because having the rest of the band will mean you're less likely to need to depend on accompaniment functions in the board, and neither's built-in speakers are loud enough for playing with a band without additional amplification anyway)

Ask a Question