November Newcomer Casio CT-X3000

Reaction score
Hello everyone ...
I am totally new to music, and the digital keyboard.

Just before the Covid UK lockdown, I visited our local music store; and witnessed the Casio CT-X3000.
Wow ... the sound is absolutely incredible through the bass and treble speakers. I have never heard anything like it.

So, aged 69 ... I took the challenge, and bought one.
This is the perfect opportunity to sit down and study how to read music notation through the lockdown.
It's great fun ... I'm loving it.

Can I take this opportunity to ask a music question that is bothering me; if anyone can help me out, please ...
This is a haunting melody on the Casio youtube thread

starts at 0:19
113- Nylon Guitar
can anyone tell me the name of the tune?

Looking forward to learning from the colleagues in this forum, and being able to contribute in the future.

regards,
Geoffrey

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't recognize that one, but the very tail end almost has a sort of upbeat funk to it, which makes me wonder if it might be part of a pop song?

It isn't really a long enough clip to identify the tune before they switch to another voice.

Reaction score
Welcome Geoff.

Good choice of keyboard you made there to get you going into the wonderful world of making your own music.

That section of the demo is so annoying, I recognise the melody but cannot place it. I even recorded it and used a couple of Apps that are supposed to recognise songs, the Apps failed Deep Purple it is not, nor is it some rap cr4p.

You will find plenty of good resources in this forum for learning.

Jack from Anderton’s produces some great reviews and videos he did a series for Newbies, this is the first in the series.

Casio has some tutorial video for the CTX models that may help

Good luck and keep playing

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Your best option for identifying the tune might be to contact the maker of the video (Casio?) and ask them.

Reaction score
SeaGtGruff ...
thanks so much for your input.
I did post the question on the youtube video.
Alas, no reply.

Biggles ...
thanks to you too.
You went to a lot of trouble to try and identify this tune.
I am thinking it must be a "classic" guitar piece, because of its relationship among the other tracks.

I am not giving up on this one ...
if I find the answer, I will post it!

*If I cannot find the name of this tune ... could either of you find the time to write the notation for me, please?

Stay safe

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually have you tried running the tune thru shazam? It should be able to come up with a name. It sounds familiar. I think it was originally done by Shakira.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
happyrat1 ...
thanks for your reply.

I was thinking this was a classical guitar piece with its own notation, but you seem to think it is a "cover" version of a song.
Now I am really confused, as what to think ?!

Incidentally, great song by Shakira.

I have tried writing the notation from the video down, but the player is too fast for me.
I can't get it right.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's from some latin flavored song either by Shakira or Celine Dion but for the life of me I can't remember which one.

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
I can definitely hear it-- not the vocals, but the guitar part.

Reaction score
Hello everyone ...

Just before the Covid UK lockdown, I visited our local music store; and witnessed the Casio CT-X3000.
Wow ... the sound is absolutely incredible through the bass and treble speakers. I have never heard anything like it.

This is the perfect opportunity to sit down and study how to read music notation through the lockdown.

Can I take this opportunity to ask a music question that is bothering me; if anyone can help me out, please ...

113- Nylon Guitar

Looking forward to learning from the colleagues in this forum, and being able to contribute in the future.

regards,
Geoffrey
Casio makes good keyboards. The tune is "Despasito"

Reaction score
Hello everyone ...

113- Nylon Guitar

regards,
Geoffrey
Sounds a bit like A river flows in You, but he's drastically changed the style.
Check out that song on YouTube as there's a great tutorial on how to play it.

Reaction score
Hello everyone ...

113- Nylon Guitar

regards,
Geoffrey
This instrument is very special. On it, the artist can modify sounds adding effects, and changing the time of the rythm, and keep all of this things, and more, on a memory, named by himself. Maybe this sound is one regular sound modified this way. Is supports lots of memories of registrations, and you can save them to a pendrive and computer, for the case of you one day decide to restore the system of the keyboard.

Ask a Question