Casio wk-7600

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It depends on the price.

This time of year with the after Christmas sales and on craigslist it can sometimes be found for around $300 CDN.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/WK7600

MSRP is $749 USD and over.

On sale it's a great deal.

Even at regular price it's definitely a fine instrument but somewhat overpriced compared to some other stuff out there.

But you might want to look at the WK-6600 as well.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/WK6600

MSRP is $449 USD

Also great sounds and features for significantly less.

Before I'd pay $750 for the 7600 though I'd take a look at the Roland Juno DS61 instead.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/JunoDS61

Has FAR Superior sounds compared to anything put out by Casio.

Depends though if you're looking for an arranger or a performance synth.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
What it is worth to you is dependent upon what you want to play and your level of ability.

Agree with Happyrat, the Casio keyboards I have heard do not have the quality of sounds pro rata related to similar priced keyboards for the mainstream manufacturers.

BTW, if you do consider other types of keyboard be advised that not all keyboards include onboard amplification and speakers hence you would need to factor in other expense.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Dear friends please can you help me is the Casio Wk-7600 worth it? :)
Why do you ask?
Do you want to buy one?
Do you play piano? This only has 76 keys in which case it is not worth it.

To answer your question we need to know your reasons for asking.

Cheers ray

The Y_man

Reaction score
If the sound engine is the same as the CTK, I find it is not as pleasant as the Yamaha ones (to my ears). Strings harsher, piano not sustained, etc.

Although they contain hundreds of accompaniment (rhythm) patterns, in reality there are only about 10 useful ones....

Note (if things have not changed recently) there is no widely available source of casio rhythm files on the internet (unlike for yammies).

The Y-man

Reaction score
All four keyboards - the 6200, 6600, 7200, and 7600 - use the AHL sound engine. The core samples are the same as well. The 62 and 66 have 48 note polyphony, while the 72 and 76 have 64 note polyphony. The 62 and 66 have ten user memories, while the 72 and 76 have 100 user memories. The 72 and 76 have more tones and more rhythms, and both have 9 programmable slider controls which are pre-programmed to emulate the sliders on a pipe organ, but can be used for many things. The 72 and 76 also have a leslie speaker simulator, with a choice of slow or fast.

Many have commented that all four keyboards tend to be on the brassy, harsh end of things. You can copy a sound you feel has promise into one of the user memories, and modify it to your hearts content. This can make instruments sound considerably softer. You can also copy .AC7 sounds from an external source onto an SD card, and store them in user memory.

On January 25, 2018 Casio announced the existence of a new sound engine, AiX, which would be replacing the existing AHL sound engines in all Casio keyboards (with the exception of their pianos). There is very little documentation regarding the AiX sound engine. What little there is can be found at this link:

http://www.casiomusicgear.com/products/ct-x-series/ct-x700

The link takes you to a Casio page describing the CT-X700, the first Casio keyboard to use the new sound engine.

Hope that helps - Charlie

Reaction score
A Casio at $750 or a Roland for less really should be a no contest.

One keyboard from a company that makes keyboards in use by major artists all over the world
V
A company whose main manufacturing is watches.

So no the Casio is not worth it.

Ask a Question